The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Operating Department Practice at Oxford Brookes 2015

Hi guys
is anyone looking at doing ODP at Brookes in September? :smile:
Reply 1
hey, i am and i was hoping if you have already had your interview that you could provide me with some tips.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Just heard last night that I've got a conditional place :0)))
Interview was ok, it was a whole bunch of questions which I'm struggling to remember to be honest. But most we're quite generic if I remember rightly.
If you don't know the answer, just say so, because you're not expected to know everything. That's why your applying for the course :smile:
When is your interview?
Reply 3
Original post by Stlouiswannabe
Just heard last night that I've got a conditional place :0)))
Interview was ok, it was a whole bunch of questions which I'm struggling to remember to be honest. But most we're quite generic if I remember rightly.
If you don't know the answer, just say so, because you're not expected to know everything. That's why your applying for the course :smile:
When is your interview?

Thank you for your application for a place on the above course. We are pleased to invite you to attend an interview at Faculty of Health & Life Sciences, Ferndale Campus in Swindon on Thursday 12th March 2015 at 9.30 a.m. Please expect to be here for between 2 3 hours.

You will have a group interview which will take approximately half an hour followed by a short individual interview. Please be prepared to explain your understanding of the role of the Operating Department Practitioner.
this is what they sent me. I'm wondering what the group work would be about?
OMG I didn't have a group interview. Mine was down here in Devon, not at the ferndale campus. Maybe that's why it was just an individual interview?
The group work may be a team thing or debate to see if you can hold your own. I thought I would have had a group session and so prepared to chip in with the group activity, but not take over or sit silent. They probably want to see whether you can listen as well as give your input. Good luck I'm sure you'll do great.
Reply 5
Original post by Stlouiswannabe
OMG I didn't have a group interview. Mine was down here in Devon, not at the ferndale campus. Maybe that's why it was just an individual interview?
The group work may be a team thing or debate to see if you can hold your own. I thought I would have had a group session and so prepared to chip in with the group activity, but not take over or sit silent. They probably want to see whether you can listen as well as give your input. Good luck I'm sure you'll do great.

aha thanks
I applied and got a place at OB for ODP back in 2013. I am on medical leave at the moment. The rest of my cohort will be graduating later this year :frown:

The group interview was just a bunch of us in a room talking about why we wanted to be and ODP and our understanding of it. There were no tasks to do or anything. It was very laid back. It might be different now, I don't know. Just go in with a good understanding of the role and course and you will be fine.
Hey guys , I received conditional offer this week for my ODP from Oxford brooks Uni which I was asked to take IELTS but English is my first language and I had first degree and PGD both in UK also I have my Alevel . Pls guys do I need to contract admission office to explain or what do you think? Pls help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending