The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Adult Nursing - September 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dadeo
I firmed Staffs today so will definitely be joining you! Don't suppose you know if there's a FB group for Shrewsbury applicants/soon to be student nurses? :smile:

How exciting! We will definitely be joining eachother! No I haven't come across one! Although, I just searched 'Staffordshire university shrewsbury' but it's a page from the uni, not a student group. We just have to wait now till we get more information regarding occupation health screening, uniform etc! So exciting :smile:
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
I can ask next week when I go for interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katiecake4
I can ask next week when I go for interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great thanks! I'm wondering when term dates are as well.. There's a list on the website but I have the idea that nursing degree is different as its 45 weeks not 34? But nothing for nursing! When is your interview? :smile:
Original post by Edwards94
Great thanks! I'm wondering when term dates are as well.. There's a list on the website but I have the idea that nursing degree is different as its 45 weeks not 34? But nothing for nursing! When is your interview? :smile:

It's on the 26th Feb 😨 ill see if I can get answers for you ...that's if I pass the maths bit and get to speak to them lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
i think this is 2014/15 timetable so could give you an indication of what the timetable will be like for us for 2015/16. I have been looking as its my 30th on the 3rd Feb so wanted to see if were off so I can book a mini break haha! But there was nothing for 2015/16 so I will have to wait and see for now....

http://www.staffs.ac.uk/welcome/nursingandmidwifery/timetables/

Hope this helps xx
ooh and level 4 will be the year you'll want to look at as that will be the 1st year right? x
Hello everyone and congratulations to so many of you receiving unconditional offers. :smile:

The academic calendar for the 2015/16 years hasn't been released as of yet, but should be very soon. You're right that the calendar for the nursing and midwifery courses is different to the main academic calendar, as you have more weeks due to placement and having to complete the required hours to be signed off at the end of your course. and yes Level 4 is your first year of an Undergraduate Degree here at Staffs.
When you start in September your lecturers and tutors will go through all of this information with you.

If you have any questions about your course or generally about the University please do ask.
If not then were are looking forward to you all starting with us.

Kris
(edited 9 years ago)
am i the only one....... :eek:

Currently singing "All by myself..." Paddy McGuiness style on take me out!

Hope students join me soon so i can stop talking to myself! ha! :colondollar:
Hi guys. Had my interview on Tuesday at shrewsbury . felt awfull when i finished but yesterday I got an offer for stafford campus. Good luck to anyone that got interview
Original post by Adeline78
Hi guys. Had my interview on Tuesday at shrewsbury . felt awfull when i finished but yesterday I got an offer for stafford campus. Good luck to anyone that got interview

Awe wow well done. Congrats. I felt the same and got an offer at Stafford..... so we could be students together there if u accept this place :-) x
Original post by laura_burgess
Awe wow well done. Congrats. I felt the same and got an offer at Stafford..... so we could be students together there if u accept this place :-) x

I will definately accept it. But is not on ucas yet.
Whoop whoop well done hun......I'm currently at interview. ..passed maths and just done group interview just waiting on 1 to 1
Whoop whoop well done hun......I'm currently at interview. ..passed maths and just done group interview just waiting on 1 to 1

I knew u would Katie. Well done xx

Good luck with the rest of the day
Original post by laura_burgess
I knew u would Katie. Well done xx

Good luck with the rest of the day

Just relax and be positive.i had mine 2 days ago and got the offer yesterday
Reply 94

Hope it went well, i'm guessing it might be over now! Are you for Staffs or Shrewsbury campus? You should find out on Monday if you get an offer :biggrin:
Original post by Dcadeo
Hope it went well, i'm guessing it might be over now! Are you for Staffs or Shrewsbury campus? You should find out on Monday if you get an offer :biggrin:

How long does it take to come up on ucas. I got an offer yesterday but it is not on ucas yet.
How long does it take to show on ucas Please. I got got an offer and would like to firm it but not showing yet. Just wandering how long?
Reply 97
Original post by Adeline78
How long does it take to come up on ucas. I got an offer yesterday but it is not on ucas yet.

Don't worry, it'll come through, if not by the end of today then by the end of tomorrow. Mine came through the same day but it might just be that they update UCAS in bulk or something. I got the offer through Staffs before it came up on UCAS.
I really can't guess how it went interview wise I felt like I waffled loads of crap 😕 so just have to wait and see now
They said will take up to 2 weeks to get answer
It's for staffs campus

Posted from TSR Mobile
I waffled too Katie..... you'll know soon as they are mostly getting back to people in 2 working days it seems

I am sure you done fab... xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending