The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of leeds adult nursing (2015 start)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bethhewitsonx
I hope it's only one! Can't remember them saying about references tbh, can't wait till it's all over and done with! X

Haha snap I can't wait for it to all be done and I'll be in uni! X
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by blondy2012
Haha snap I can't wait for it to all be done and I'll be in uni! X

here's the facebook group hun, https://www.facebook.com/groups/812907455430462/members/ x
Original post by bethhewitsonx

Yeah i'm already apart of it thanks hun :smile: x
Just firmed Leeds!! Need to apply for accommodation now...so expensive compared to what I get from the bursary!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
Did anyone go to the group interview on the 25th Feb at 12pm for Leeds Adult?
Just wanting to know if anyone hears back any offers or rejections from the group I was in! :smile:
I went to the group interview at Leeds on the 9th of Feb and haven't heard anything back yet. I suppose no news is good news 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 106
Hopefully so! Do you remember how long they said it should take to get a response?
I've just firmed Leeds and about to apply for accommodation :smile: I think I'm going to apply for The Tannery, it looks the best x
Original post by amyc123
I'm third year.
We do 24 hours placement a week then Thursday 9-3 and Friday 10-12. But that's due to change.
I do long days or nights, out of personal choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When is this due to change do you know? also when you are back in uni and not on placement, do you do the 37 and a half hours in uni each week throughout the year? as other universities do blocks of theory and placement without mixing the two up.
also how many weeks placement do you have per year or per placement? is there a variation of hospital and community?
Original post by miaallan
When is this due to change do you know? also when you are back in uni and not on placement, do you do the 37 and a half hours in uni each week throughout the year? as other universities do blocks of theory and placement without mixing the two up.

Well we only have Thursdays now.

You probably won't do five full days at uni but you will be given private study to compete during this time as well as essays etc.

In first year you have block placements and then block uni up until May, from them onwards you have study days and placement. The final 5 weeks of third year are the only ones weeks where we will not have study days.
also how many weeks placement do you have per year or per placement? is there a variation of hospital and community?

I did 19 weeks in first year (3 in community), 25 weeks in second year (11 in community) and 17 weeks so far of third year (2 in community). You have a final placement of 12 weeks which you can either choose hospital or community for.
Thank you for that...another question sorry - what is the academic work like? do you have many assignments on the go or are they all spaced out? do you do osces and presentations as well?
Thanks

Original post by amyc123
I did 19 weeks in first year (3 in community), 25 weeks in second year (11 in community) and 17 weeks so far of third year (2 in community). You have a final placement of 12 weeks which you can either choose hospital or community for.
Thank you for that...another question sorry - what is the academic work like? do you have many assignments on the go or are they all spaced out? do you do osces and presentations as well?
Thanks

Don't apologise for asking questions, I understand what it's like to be in your position!

First year assignments are very spaced out, you have about 2-3 essays and then your OSCE.
Second year is very chilled to start with but then we got mad busy around March-April time.
Third year is pretty much full on from the word go, it flies by which is an issue when you have loads of work to do!

My advice, and I know we all start with the best of intentions, is to get it done early. Or at least get a plan together so you can write it quickly :smile:
thank you:smile:

Original post by amyc123
Don't apologise for asking questions, I understand what it's like to be in your position!

First year assignments are very spaced out, you have about 2-3 essays and then your OSCE.
Second year is very chilled to start with but then we got mad busy around March-April time.
Third year is pretty much full on from the word go, it flies by which is an issue when you have loads of work to do!

My advice, and I know we all start with the best of intentions, is to get it done early. Or at least get a plan together so you can write it quickly :smile:
Reply 115
Hey guys! I've selected Leeds as my firm choice and applied for Tannery
Original post by Superhalo
If anyone has any questions, I'm a first-year adult nursing student at leeds, so went through the whole process only last year :smile:

Hello :biggrin:
I've got a place for Children's nursing September 2015. I am strongly considering coming to Leeds (might defer my place) but could you tell me more about the facilities? I've been to the Uni twice, first for interview and then for accommodation viewing (I really like the tannery) but I haven't seen the facilities and would like to know what it's like, it's hard to tell from the Uni website :smile:
Thank you, I hope you're enjoying your first year!
Original post by 3lfie
Hey guys! I've selected Leeds as my firm choice and applied for Tannery

I think I'm going to do the same! Good luck for your exams
Reply 118
You too!! Hopefully see everyone in September! :biggrin:
Original post by Juliette_28
I think I'm going to do the same! Good luck for your exams
Original post by 3lfie
You too!! Hopefully see everyone in September! :biggrin:

Yes :biggrin: I've got a place for children's nursing but we will be in the same building and joint lectures. I might defer my place though, have a year out to get some work and save up a bit

Quick Reply

Latest