The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Uni of Aberdeen 2015 offer ( engineering )

Hello, my name is Femi, I have an offer to study oil and gas engineering at the Uni of Aberdeen 2015, I wanna know if anybody here is going for d same course or related course. Cheers.
Reply 1
I'm not going for a related course but I was just wondering when you got your offer? Was it a conditional or an unconditional?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Original post by JennB96
I'm not going for a related course but I was just wondering when you got your offer? Was it a conditional or an unconditional?

I got my offer (April 4th), I actually deferred the offer from 2014 to 2015. The offer is conditional.
Hi there, I'm also going to aberdeen I think! Not fully decided yet, I received two offers for Geology, and Geology and petroleum geology!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Sent my UCAS application off at the start of this month. Still waiting for an offer for Computer Science at Aberdeen. With that said, who else is applying for CS at Aberdeen?
Hi Femi :smile: I've just accepted my unconditional offer for chemical engineering at Aberdeen
Original post by Akbar1
Sent my UCAS application off at the start of this month. Still waiting for an offer for Computer Science at Aberdeen. With that said, who else is applying for CS at Aberdeen?

Me!! Though I am planning on doing Mathematics and Computing Science Joint Honours and not just Computing Science! And I've gotten an unconditional so I'm more than likely going to Aberdeen!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by katyleighx
Me!! Though I am planning on doing Mathematics and Computing Science Joint Honours and not just Computing Science! And I've gotten an unconditional so I'm more than likely going to Aberdeen!

Congratulations on your unconditional :smile:

Been thinking on doing a joint honours myself and transferring onto a joint honours degree after I get my IB exam results. This is to see whether taking a joint honours degree in either Mathematics or Physics would benefit me.

Nonetheless, the campus and city itself seems really lovely and the University has certainly spent a considerable time and effort in promoting and developing the University.
Original post by Akbar1
Congratulations on your unconditional :smile:

Been thinking on doing a joint honours myself and transferring onto a joint honours degree after I get my IB exam results. This is to see whether taking a joint honours degree in either Mathematics or Physics would benefit me.

Nonetheless, the campus and city itself seems really lovely and the University has certainly spent a considerable time and effort in promoting and developing the University.

Thank you!! I live in Aberdeen myself though I will be going into halls (parents are moving away) and have seen the Uni and the outside is lovely. At the King's College part of the campus there is a massive bit of grass to sit on and everything! I've not been in the library but on the outside it is lovely!! The city has it down points as any city does for example housing & accommodation prices can be expensive but it has some great parts to it! Suppose it's different coming to Aberdeen from somewhere than living here your whole life.

Personally I'm taking a joint Honours as I can't decide between Computing & Maths. I know from being to an open day Aberdeen are very good for being able to switch courses and do something else (within the same kind of area) so I know if I decide I don't want to do either on them it can be dropped and of course for you once you get your results to change to a joint honours!
Hey, just wondering when you applied? I applied in mid December, and have received offers form 4/5 but still nothing from Aberdeen even though they were one of the first to confirm they received my application.
I put mines in at the start of December:smile: the 1st I think.
The thing is different departments do it at different times as I think the applications are sent off to different departments and and they choose the offers and everything. Like a friend of mine put hers in a few days after me but heard back from Aberdeen before me and we has similar grades. I am quite lucky to have had all mines back before the deadline but I know lots of people that don't have everything yet.
I've got a conditional offer for MENG Civil Engineering, just wondering if anyone else would be on my course. If I meet the conditions, that is.
Reply 12
Hi,My name is Sahil..
Anyone here applied for Petroleum engineering Msc ?
Reply 13
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1561525770755035/

Hi guys, Facebook group for Aberdeen!
Reply 14
Hi, been given a conditional or Mechanical engineering with oil and gas... Has anyone given accommodation thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Hi, has anyone here stayed at king street exchange and care to share their experience. It would be really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending