Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Newcastle University
Hello :smile: There is currently a slight delay on Agriculture applications due to members of staff being ill, but your son can expect a response within the next couple of weeks. If he still hasn't heard by the end of next week, feel free to private message us his full name and UCAS ID and we can look into his application further.

Rachel

Thank you for your reply.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Hi just wondering where the nearest car parks to the uni are? And how much they cost roughly for 6/7 hours? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 442
Hi! I've received an offer for Zoology but have also been accepted onto Partners, and the conditions of the offer are that I gain 30 Level 3 Distinctions - this is the same as the normal offer without Partners? :confused:
Original post by AnneOldman
Hi just wondering where the nearest car parks to the uni are? And how much they cost roughly for 6/7 hours? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Anne,

There are three NCP car parks within walking distance of the main campus. Location and pricing info can be found on their web pages, here are the links.

You can also find information about car parks on our website here http://www.ncl.ac.uk/about/visit/travel/car.htm

Hope that helps :smile:

Persephone
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hg2894
Hi! I've received an offer for Zoology but have also been accepted onto Partners, and the conditions of the offer are that I gain 30 Level 3 Distinctions - this is the same as the normal offer without Partners? :confused:

Hi,

Could you send this to us as a PM with your full name and UCAS ID, please? I'll ask admissions to double check the conditions of the offer :smile:

All the best,

Persephone
Reply 445
Hi,

Could you send this to us as a PM with your full name and UCAS ID, please? I'll ask admissions to double check the conditions of the offer :smile:

All the best,

Persephone

Thank you, I have sent a PM :smile:
Original post by harriet.wilson
Hi the sports and gym facilities are very important to me and I was wondering what people think of the gym as i was unable to see it when i visited, I've seen Northumbria's what is it like in comparison.

Hi Harriet :smile:

One of our student bloggers recently wrote about Sports at Newcastle and you can contact our Athletic Union Officer here. (The AU Officer is one of the Students' Union Sabbatical Officers, ie students who have been elected to represent their peers in a full-time, salaried role).

Hopefully that will give you some useful information :smile: It might also be worth contacting some of our sports clubs for their opinion. There's an A-Z list of current sports clubs here.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Persephone
Original post by ivyb
Hi, I attended a post application open day and interview for mechanical engineering last week. Just wondering when I should expect to hear back with an offer or otherwise. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

The selector is working through decisions and some have already been sent to UCAS. If you haven't had anything through yet, could you please PM us with your full name and UCAS ID, plus the course(s) you applied for, and I will ask admissions to check up on your application :smile:

All the best,

Persephone
Thinking about studying Dentistry next year? Don’t miss our free Dentistry Day in April where you can find out what life is really like as a dental student at Newcastle University.

Chat to our current students, check out our industry leading facilities, and meet the lecturers that could be teaching you. As part of the day you’ll also take part in a hands on clinical skills workshop and attend an actual dental lecture. All you have to do is register your place: http://bit.ly/1zHfJC4

Hi, just wondered if you know when applicants for Graduate Entry Medicine are likely to hear back? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JenniB22
Hi, just wondered if you know when applicants for Graduate Entry Medicine are likely to hear back? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile:

I passed your query to the Medical School and received the following reply:

We have now put all decisions through UCAS for all applicants for A101 who have not been interviewed so they should now know the outcome of their application. For all that have been interviewed they will know by the 31st March 2015.

Hope that helps!
All the best,
Persephone
Hi :smile:

I passed your query to the Medical School and received the following reply:

We have now put all decisions through UCAS for all applicants for A101 who have not been interviewed so they should now know the outcome of their application. For all that have been interviewed they will know by the 31st March 2015.

Hope that helps!
All the best,
Persephone

Thanks Persephone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 452
Hi,
I have applied for BSc Speech and Language Therapy in the respective university. I score a grade of A*AA in my A Level but only managed to get an IELTS score of 7.0, whereby three components did not reach the requirements. I do have a grade A for my O Level English Languge. Do you think there are any chances for them to give me an offer?

Reply 453
Hi,
I am applying for BSc Speech and Language Therapy with my A Level grade A*AA, but I only manage to get an IELTS score of 7.0, whereby three of the components are below 7.0. Is there any possibility that the respective university will give me an offer? However, I also score grade A in my O Level English language
Original post by Jas07
Hi,
I am applying for BSc Speech and Language Therapy with my A Level grade A*AA, but I only manage to get an IELTS score of 7.0, whereby three of the components are below 7.0. Is there any possibility that the respective university will give me an offer? However, I also score grade A in my O Level English language

Hi, thanks for getting in touch :smile:
Have you already applied for the course? If so, please send this message to us as a PM and include your full name and UCAS ID and I will ask admissions to look into your application.

All the best,
Persephone
Hi,

I've been accepted into the Partners scheme and have been offered a place at Newcastle for Accounting and Finance. I was wondering if I am able to book a holiday after completing the summer school on the 7th July but before the 21st July deadline for the project. If so, am I able to send the project I have completed electronically through email in order to meet the 21st July deadline date?

Thanks
Hello everyone!

Welcome to Newcastle University’s official 2015 Entry thread here on The Student Room.

Our team will be responding to your queries on applications, and anything Newcastle University. If you have any questions, please get in touch. And for any questions you may not wish to post publicly, feel free to drop the team a private message.

The site will be monitored Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm and we will aim to respond to you within 24 hours.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Newcastle University Student Room Team: Rachel, Matt, Anna & Peff

Hi i just confirmed Newcastle to be my firm choice when do i apply finance and accommodation?
Applied for Psychology and still waiting to hear back
Original post by mollywilsonxx
Applied for Psychology and still waiting to hear back

Hi Molly,

If you'd like us to look into your application please send us a PM with your full name, UCAS ID and the course(s) you applied for :smile:

All the best,
Persephone
Any word on when we'll be able to apply for accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending