The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Creative and professional writing anyone?

Hey:smile:

I'm planning on doing Creative and Professional writing for Sept 2015 entry, anyone else doing the same?
Hey! I'm planning on doing this course too :smile:
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by lauren.kc94
Hey! I'm planning on doing this course too :smile:

Finally, found someone else doing the same course! Have you had an offer yet?
Original post by laurajade_x
Finally, found someone else doing the same course! Have you had an offer yet?

Yeah! Got an unconditional offer and 100% sure I'm going, just got to wait for 2 other uni's to reply so I can accept! Have you?
Reply 4
Yeah! Got an unconditional offer and 100% sure I'm going, just got to wait for 2 other uni's to reply so I can accept! Have you?

Yeah it'll be my second attempt at uni, so I only applied to wolves, but as long as I give them the results of my a-levels I guess I'm in haha :smile:
do you live close to the uni?
Yeah it'll be my second attempt at uni, so I only applied to wolves, but as long as I give them the results of my a-levels I guess I'm in haha :smile:
do you live close to the uni?

Oh same! I'm on gap year take 2 and hoping that uni is better this time round! I'll hopefully see you there then - will be good to know at least one person going into it :smile:
Not really, no haha, I live in West London so a bit of a distance. You?
Reply 6
Oh same! I'm on gap year take 2 and hoping that uni is better this time round! I'll hopefully see you there then - will be good to know at least one person going into it :smile:
Not really, no haha, I live in West London so a bit of a distance. You?

Oh wow that is a bit of a distance haha, I only live about half an hour away but planning on staying at home this time and travelling in.
Yes, will be good to know someone :smile:
Hey. I'm thinking of doing the same course. Currently I'm almost done with my first year (philosophy and religious studies) at Wolverhampton, but I'm seriously considering changing my course to this. I have enough UCAS points and I'm averaging a first so far so I think it'll be pretty easy to get in, considering the fact that this isn't exactly a top uni and it's easy to get in (for my course the % of people who received offers was 100%, so there's that lol). I have no intention of pursuing a career related to my course at all, so I'm going to try and change it.
Spoke to my personal tutor and this course's leader, finally went through with it and will be starting this course in october! Very excited to start :smile:
Well done. Wolves is alright

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CheesusCrust
Spoke to my personal tutor and this course's leader, finally went through with it and will be starting this course in october! Very excited to start :smile:

Well done, I'm quite excited but also nervous to start. Sent my certificates off for them the other week so looks like its all final now!:smile:
Well done, I'm quite excited but also nervous to start. Sent my certificates off for them the other week so looks like its all final now!:smile:

Did you get an unconditional offer?

If you're interested I could upload somewhere some course materials used for the first year. The university uses this WOLF system (you can check it on the site, but won't be able to log in until you get a welcome letter) and they upload all the powerpoints, links, documents etc. that they use during the course. As I'm already a student I searched for everything the first year students used last academic year and downloaded it all. They'll definitely be using the same powerpoints, documents, short stories to read, and I'm fairly certain they'll have the same assignments for us to do.

In my opinion looking at the assignments might make you a bit more nervous haha. I remember looking them up a few weeks before beginning my first year of my previous course and asking myself what am I getting myself into, I know nothing about this. But the powerpoints can definitely help you feel less anxious at the start as you'll know what the lecturers will talk about and ask you to discuss with others in class. Also, you can check out the course guides for the next year.
(edited 8 years ago)
That would be amazing. Found the course guide for 2015 yesterday so have been looking through the modules and course leaders already, but any extra help is much appreciated. Thank you.
That would be amazing. Found the course guide for 2015 yesterday so have been looking through the modules and course leaders already, but any extra help is much appreciated. Thank you.

No problem. I've uploaded the four mandatory modules, the other two are optional that you pick from the eight or so they offer.

I also put several short story reviews and whatnot that I found people were assigned to upload.

It's not exactly organised perfectly but at least the powerpoints should be easy to arrange. The rest of the files are all mixed up, sorry for that lol. 3/4 have module guides, which tell you what the lectures are each week and what assignments need to be done (plus additional assignment info buried there somewhere), and also the suggested readings.

http://www.speedyshare.com/c9SyT/WvhnCrPrW.rar
(edited 8 years ago)
Is anyone going to the pre-induction day event?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending