The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Rejections? Offers? Anything?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I sent my off a few days before the deadline. I've heard back from all other uni's except Bournemouth...I't's taking the p***
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by ameschapple
We've applied for the same course then! Congrats on your unconditional, you must be chuffed!

:h: if you do end up going then we can form a study group
Original post by Expired Potato
:h: if you do end up going then we can form a study group

Yes. Fingers crossed!
Yes. Fingers crossed!

Is Kent your firm or insurance?
Is Kent your firm or insurance?

It's my firm! I really, really hope I get in. You're so lucky, all the pressure is off!
It's my firm! I really, really hope I get in. You're so lucky, all the pressure is off!

What's your offer, and what are your predictions? :h:
What's your offer, and what are your predictions? :h:

My offer is AAB...

And I'm predicted A* A* A/B, but realistically, I'm not expecting that, although I'd love to achieve it!

What are your predictions? Or what did you get at A-Level? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
My offer is AAB...

And I'm predicted A* A* A/B, but realistically, I'm not expecting that, although I'd love to achieve it!

What are your predictions? Or what did you get for A-Level? :smile:

oh my, you're way above me with those predictions.

I actually ****ed up so badly on my AS, then got As on all of my second year exams, which brought me up to BBB overall :colondollar:

I didn't retake any exams from AS, too, which is what brought me down in overall points towards an A. In retrospect I should have retaken, but I chose not to because I felt the workload would be too heavy, and the texts themselves didn't inspire me.

Not the best performance, which is why I want to set up a study group to discuss the text and key concepts hidden in it. I've never been in a study group before but I think it'd be a great way to make studying outside of seminars and lectures more varied. So getting one or two on-board now for some serious studying of ~2 hours a week would be an excellent way of making sure that everyone in it (around 4-5 people) are confident in their analysis, and can rely on the peer discussion to bolster their arguments when giving in essays.
oh my, you're way above me with those predictions.

I actually ****ed up so badly on my AS, then got As on all of my second year exams, which brought me up to BBB overall :colondollar:

I didn't retake any exams from AS, too, which is what brought me down in overall points towards an A. In retrospect I should have retaken, but I chose not to because I felt the workload would be too heavy, and the texts themselves didn't inspire me.

Not the best performance, which is why I want to set up a study group to discuss the text and key concepts hidden in it. I've never been in a study group before but I think it'd be a great way to make studying outside of seminars and lectures more varied. So getting one or two on-board now for some serious studying of ~2 hours a week would be an excellent way of making sure that everyone in it (around 4-5 people) are confident in their analysis, and can rely on the peer discussion to bolster their arguments when giving in essays.

Oh no! I agree with not retaking! The workload would be insane! I messed up AS Geography, but fortunately I was able to drop it! Bane of my entire existence...

And yes, if I get in I'm 100% up for that! It's really important for me to get really stuck in if I do end up at Kent because it's very far away from home and I need to keep myself occupied :smile:
Reply 29
I received an offer within a matter of hours ☺️

When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r-t
When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied November the 5th and received an offer the same day :smile:
Reply 31
I applied November the 5th and received an offer the same day :smile:

That must have felt awesome haha. I applied through extra on Friday and I received a confirmation email from them that they've received my application. Fingers crossed hey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r-t
That must have felt awesome haha. I applied through extra on Friday and I received a confirmation email from them that they've received my application. Fingers crossed hey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, good luck!
Reply 33
Yes, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending