The Student Room Group

distance learning centre

has anyone had any success with this company? just trying to decide on an access to nursing course, distance learning, dlc or the Manchester college?

or just going the local college do a higher education course but this would be difficult at the moment as I'm working......
Reply 1
I did my access course with the distance learning centre and was the best thing I ever did. All work is available online and you do it in your own time. Tutors are really helpful with weekly calls and can email them at any time and I am now at university after gaining a distinction overall.

Couldn't recommend it enough.

:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Thanks so much for your reply, sounds great. Did you receive any funding help at all? I know they give you the option of paying monthly.......

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Unfortunately there is no funding :frown: but the monthly payment option is much cheaper than most of the colleges I found around my area. Best thing is, I was working 12 hour shifts and it was so much easier to fit the work around my life.

If u need anything other info just let me know :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
Thanks so much for that. I too am working 12 hour shifts.... Sounds very promising....I wonder if you did the access to nursing course? I don't have a problem with studies as i've done a few short course since school days but obviously this is important to me as i've always wanted to go into nursing but family stuff has stopped me. now I have the chance i'm getting a bit of care work experience under my belt. Just tell me it's not to hard :yes: thanks again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks for your info. I wondered if it might be better to wait to see id I her an offer from a university? I would hate to spend so much on an access course, what do you think?

Deb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hi,

I am wondering if I can ask some advice on Access courses?

I am also looking to use the DLC to do an access to Midwifery course. If my exam results are old (11 years) would need to retake these? Or would the access course meet the entry requirements.

I have emailed the universities but they are taking a while to get back to me!!

Thanks!!!
I have done Access to Nursing with DLC and as the poster said above ... I couldn't recommend it enough. Got 42 distinctions so far due to the amazing tutors and all 5 universities offered including Kings :smile: any questions just ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Oh that's great, congratulations!!!

How long did it take you to complete it? I want to try to apply to start uni in Sep next year. :smile:

If you dont mind me asking, when did you take your GCSEs??

Thanks
Original post by Larnsy
Oh that's great, congratulations!!!

How long did it take you to complete it? I want to try to apply to start uni in Sep next year. :smile:

If you dont mind me asking, when did you take your GCSEs??

Thanks

Hey,

I haven't completed yet I have just over 1 module to go but it's taken me 8 months ish. I started late December so if you put the work in and are motivated you'll definitely be fine for Sept 2014.

And I took my GCSEs in 2009 I believe :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Pipsqueak :)
Hey,

I haven't completed yet I have just over 1 module to go but it's taken me 8 months ish. I started late December so if you put the work in and are motivated you'll definitely be fine for Sept 2014.

And I took my GCSEs in 2009 I believe :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much.

I am going to register this weekend!

Good luck with your last module! :smile:
Original post by Larnsy
Thanks so much.

I am going to register this weekend!

Good luck with your last module! :smile:

Brilliant :smile: thanks good luck with the course - anymore questions just ask :smile: or if you get stuck during the course and ill try help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
DO NOT TOUCH THE DLC!!!!
Not only will they deduct what ever fees they like from your account with out your authorisation, only due to you using your card once!! They are useless.
They do not do anything to help with your issues. I was uphappy that at no time did I give them any authorisation to use my card details as they pleased and they just take money out as they please. I am still waiting for my funds to be returned when they are making up some cock and bull and saying my course is now being set as finished and I will not get any funds back!!!
The course itself is horrendous. Expect to be emailed some codes for useless print outs. All you get is the login details to the course and your work marked. At no time do they give you any teaching!!! You may as well take Alevels as an external student for an 1/8 of the price.
Worst mistake ever
DONT GET STUNG LIKE ME, STEER CLEAR OF THE DLC!!!
I obtained an access diploma and I am now at uni. If it wasnt for DLC I wouldnt be where I am today. Also to the above poster.. Its an online course! There will not be any teaching but your tutors will give you full support via email, Skype and phone and I absolutely loved it!

About the fees deduction - if you are in arrears then they will deduct your fees as they have every right to do so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
I'm about to start the course in Nursing, and student services said I can study this year, but still apply for uni at the end of this year for September 2017. Is that possible? What would the unis need for grades?
Applied for a BSc and got an offer from UoL. Anyone else starting a BSc by distance learning?
What BSc are you applying for, elisabeth1? I'm planning to for next year, but I've not completed the DLC course yet :smile:
Original post by seize_the_day
What BSc are you applying for, elisabeth1? I'm planning to for next year, but I've not completed the DLC course yet :smile:

Business administration with HRM. What course are you interested in? DLC course? Do you not meet the requirements? Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I'm planning on starting the Access to Physiotherapy with the DLC. Does anyone have any experience on that course?

If i start this month, how realistic is it to get the course completed in time for uni for September 2017? I'm pretty sure for most uni's you have to apply latest by December, and the interviews take place in the beginning of the new year...but i don't know a great deal about all of this!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending