The Student Room Group

Anyone on a gap year and itching to be at university?

Scroll to see replies

Definitely!! I am too too bored!! But I reckon when I get there I'll probably wish I was on a gap year again because of all the work required and I feel my brain has become mushified this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by channies
Definitely!! I am too too bored!! But I reckon when I get there I'll probably wish I was on a gap year again because of all the work required and I feel my brain has become mushified this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can sympathise. That's why I try to read a lot as I want to stay intellectually stimulated lest I waste away academically this year
Original post by channies

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I mean I'm keeping up with my subject casually and reading and stuff. I just don't want to waste the year when I probably won't have one with as much time again :-(
Original post by neal95
I can sympathise. That's why I try to read a lot as I want to stay intellectually stimulated lest I waste away academically this year

Omggg what really kills me is my mate he has partying pictures of uni :frown: :frown: and he's out of the ****hole town we come from

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me.. Bored like no end. It is depressing looking on facebook and seeing everyone happy. I never see anyone now..

I feel like I haven't moved on.
Original post by Frostyjoe
Me.. Bored like no end. It is depressing looking on facebook and seeing everyone happy. I never see anyone now..

I feel like I haven't moved on.

Same I literally see none of my old mates and only talk to 2 others who resat as but it isn't the same really. Just the final strait of the year now, after this month it's just April then exams and summer then university fever will hit you as you will be buying stuff/student bank accounts etc.

I definitely know how it feels though as I've been counting down the days to uni side September tbh. Time is gonna go quick though it might not feel like it, I mean Christmas was over 2 months ago!
I wanted to ask people who have taken a Gap year a question?

Why would you want to share your experience of your Gap Year with Students who are thinking of taking one? :smile:
Last year wasn't too bad for me, but I ended up taking TWO years out, because I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I'm ridiculously bored now, I'm basically counting down to uni already.
Original post by victoriahope
Last year wasn't too bad for me, but I ended up taking TWO years out, because I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I'm ridiculously bored now, I'm basically counting down to uni already.

Have you got a place for this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Have you got a place for this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have now, yeah! September can't come quick enough, to be honest.
My gap year was really bad at the start of the school year, I was literally doing nothing bar volunteer work once a week for an hour and a half.

Five months on, I am now teaching English at two separate organizations to both children and adults, respectively. I'm also a violin and viola teacher-assistant, having played the viola myself for almost ten years now.

It's been very fun interacting with children, and getting to know many new people, though none of them are my own age.

I don't regret taking a gap year, as I think these new experiences I have under my belt are invaluable, though I do kind of wish I had more friends to talk to this year. I am excited for university to start though, so I can make new friends and hopefully have a social life again ^^

Quick Reply

Latest