The Student Room Group

Anthropology applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard back from LSE or UCL for straight Anth?
I applied in early Dec and currently have two offers but these two are taking forever!
I applied I think around the same time but I just received an offer from UCL last week. Don't worry though, the application process of these unis is aaaaalways long (unless you applied in september or sth)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! Will be a bit disheartening to wait this long for rejections though lol
Reply 263
Original post by arty
Did you have ABB or higher predicted? anthropology seems to be MEGA oversubscribed at Bristol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Im predicted AAB.. I ended up declining the offer because I'm just not interested in archaelogy. I agree it seems like it just filled up quickly!
Reply 264
Original post by sacredtemple
Or i would suggest that you just shouldn't bother with Bristol and focus on your other applications/offers. If you want to study anthropology, there is no reason in studying archeology and anthropology as a minor subject. I denied their alternative "offer" asking why I got rejected and they replied that there were too many applications for the course so they had to blindly reject some.

Yeah I have declined the offer, the joint course is now full too apparently :/
Original post by p0ps
Yeah I have declined the offer, the joint course is now full too apparently :/

where else have you applied? have you received any offers?
Original post by cultlogic
Thanks! Will be a bit disheartening to wait this long for rejections though lol

aayyyeee! don't worry about it too much! when i chose ucl, i wasn't hyped about it at all because i was 100% certain i would get a rejection so I didn't want to be disappointed. My prediction grades were just on the border of what UCL asked (36-38) and the offer totally came to me as a surprise soooo try to avoid getting nervous all over about it.

cheers
Has anyone heard back from LSE or UCL for straight Anth?
I applied in early Dec and currently have two offers but these two are taking forever!

I applied in October and I heard back from UCL about a month later (it was my second offer) and LSE in December :smile: Have you got your 8 week email from LSE yet?
Original post by saibhandari
I applied in October and I heard back from UCL about a month later (it was my second offer) and LSE in December :smile: Have you got your 8 week email from LSE yet?

I had the 8 week email about 8 weeks ago! :/
I applied for Archaeology and Anth last year at UCL in October and had to fill out a questionnaire then got an offer in December. I thought applying post-A levels would but less stressful but turns out I was wrong!
I had the 8 week email about 8 weeks ago! :/
I applied for Archaeology and Anth last year at UCL in October and had to fill out a questionnaire then got an offer in December. I thought applying post-A levels would but less stressful but turns out I was wrong!

Yeah, I just checked my inbox and it took approximately 7 weeks overall for me to receive my LSE offer and 4 weeks for UCL. But I applied in October so I guess there was less for them to look at? I dunno, I'd imagine that because you applied nearer the deadline the unis had a much higher influx of applications to look through at the same time :P
What are your grades like though? I know with LSE my grade predictions were a good few higher than the average offer so that might have made it faster for me.
Original post by anastasiaebb
Yeah I heard early Jan but I'm EU and sent in my application early december

Oh congratulations. I'm a duel national and I was asked to fill out a questionnaire before christmas and then it was confirmed that I was an EU student but they are the only one's I haven't heard back from???
Original post by saibhandari
Yeah, I just checked my inbox and it took approximately 7 weeks overall for me to receive my LSE offer and 4 weeks for UCL. But I applied in October so I guess there was less for them to look at? I dunno, I'd imagine that because you applied nearer the deadline the unis had a much higher influx of applications to look through at the same time :P
What are your grades like though? I know with LSE my grade predictions were a good few higher than the average offer so that might have made it faster for me.

My grades are A*AB.
However good news... just got an unconditional from LSE! Now just have to wait for UCL...
yay just got an offer from LSE for social anth! :smile: probably will firm but gotta worry about the costs now :\ anyone else going to LSE? :smile:
Original post by oanszwoadrei
yay just got an offer from LSE for social anth! :smile: probably will firm but gotta worry about the costs now :\ anyone else going to LSE? :smile:

Me too! Congrats!
Me too! Congrats!

thank you! are you from the UK?
Original post by oanszwoadrei
thank you! are you from the UK?

Yep, from London. How about you?
Yep, from London. How about you?

I'm from Singapore! September is gonna be the first time I even step into UK hahaha
My grades are A*AB.
However good news... just got an unconditional from LSE! Now just have to wait for UCL...

Dude, congratulations!! See? It just takes a little patience haha

Are you thinking of applying to UCL instead of LSE?
Reply 278
Original post by sacredtemple
where else have you applied? have you received any offers?

Yeah I've accepted Exeter as my firm and manchester as my insurance :smile: you?
Original post by tippi97
Oh congratulations. I'm a duel national and I was asked to fill out a questionnaire before christmas and then it was confirmed that I was an EU student but they are the only one's I haven't heard back from???

They are so slow it's so annoying.. Where else have you heard from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending