Queen's University Belfast

QUB/Magee Nursing 2015

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone had an interview for queens yet this year? 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 361
Has anyone been for their interview in Magee? Would someone be able to tell me where bouts you exactly have to go? Please.
Original post by Papo1489
Hi deviant when do we start placement as first years? And when can we start banking work as nurses?

you start 7 weeks in.
You have your induction / welcome week. Then 6 weeks of classes then boom, you're out on placement!
depending on the agency and the type of shifts you do, they ask you to have done 1 placement first. That is usually for hospital shifts though. If you want to do banking work in the community for example, they may let you begin straight away. It would also depend on your prior experience.
However, I would recommend joining an agency as soon as possible so if you need to do any training with them you can do it in the summer so it doesn't interfere with your classes.
Lecturers are not allowed to say you have done x y and z in class. They can only confirm you are a nursing student.
Reply 363
Just had my interview in magee, safe to say it could have gone much better :frown:
Original post by Dholmes
Just had my interview in magee, safe to say it could have gone much better :frown:

Im sure you done fine, dont be worrying
Finally got my interview for adult and children nursing in Queens today, such a relief. But of course it had to be on the same day as my Magee interview haha.

Anyone else being interviewed on the 12th??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kirstinmay
Finally got my interview for adult and children nursing in Queens today, such a relief. But of course it had to be on the same day as my Magee interview haha.

Anyone else being interviewed on the 12th??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines on the 12th at 3:15 😊 so excited
I've had both my interviews for Magee and queens and have to say queens was more relaxed.... Glad to have them out of the way I was a nervous wreck lol how's every1 getting on? This thread has got very quite lately! 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by garethfrew
I've had both my interviews for Magee and queens and have to say queens was more relaxed.... Glad to have them out of the way I was a nervous wreck lol how's every1 getting on? This thread has got very quite lately! 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree 100%! The staff at Queens made me feel more at ease, very glad they're both out of the way though.
Original post by _Dreamer_
I agree 100%! The staff at Queens made me feel more at ease, very glad they're both out of the way though.

That's good to know lol
Original post by garethfrew

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have my Magee interview next week. Any tips r anything I should focus on? Do I need to study anything about the NHS r news topics? 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deviant182
you start 7 weeks in.
You have your induction / welcome week. Then 6 weeks of classes then boom, you're out on placement!
depending on the agency and the type of shifts you do, they ask you to have done 1 placement first. That is usually for hospital shifts though. If you want to do banking work in the community for example, they may let you begin straight away. It would also depend on your prior experience.
However, I would recommend joining an agency as soon as possible so if you need to do any training with them you can do it in the summer so it doesn't interfere with your classes.
Lecturers are not allowed to say you have done x y and z in class. They can only confirm you are a nursing student.

thanks! just two more questions, i've heard that if you apply for child nursing as your first and say with adult as your second it doesn't matter because if you don't get into child you'll be rejected anyway no matter what your second choice is. Also do you know what the allocation for nursing is? i've heard child nursing is the hardest to get in to because the intake is a lot smaller.
have my interview for queens tomorrow :L any tips and pointers?
Original post by Papo1489
thanks! just two more questions, i've heard that if you apply for child nursing as your first and say with adult as your second it doesn't matter because if you don't get into child you'll be rejected anyway no matter what your second choice is. Also do you know what the allocation for nursing is? i've heard child nursing is the hardest to get in to because the intake is a lot smaller.

People year on year apply for more than one branch and are rejected for one choice but accepted for another. It's all about how you perform in your interview and what they think you are more suited to and are more passionate about. So try not to worry about that!
And the allocation is down to NHS funding. Statistically smaller courses will be harder to get onto due to places but that also depends on the number of applicants. Children's is about 60, ld is 30. Adults is over 200 and mental health is around 40 or 50. There is a lot of you when you start in September but by the time you graduate that number will have changed as people drop out, defer and change courses etc.
Anything you want to know feel free to ask!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks alot!
Hey all,
Had my mental health interview at Magee yesterday! I found it quite difficult, I was nervous and babbled a bit and God, the two interviewing me gave NOTHING AWAY.
Said we will hear at the end of march but that they are still waiting on numbers so dont know how many places they have yet!
Original post by Fairytale.Girl
Hey all,
Had my mental health interview at Magee yesterday! I found it quite difficult, I was nervous and babbled a bit and God, the two interviewing me gave NOTHING AWAY.
Said we will hear at the end of march but that they are still waiting on numbers so dont know how many places they have yet!

I had one for MH on Monday and agree, the interviewers were kinda intimidating just sitting there lol! Hopefully its not too long before we hear :smile:
Got my interview for queens yay so happy 😀 end of March

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering what way do the holidays work in nursing? like Christmas, easter etc. If anybody knows particularly for Queens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studen456
Just wondering what way do the holidays work in nursing? like Christmas, easter etc. If anybody knows particularly for Queens.

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 weeks off at Christmas, week off at easter. Then the summer off too once placement had finished.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending