The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lekky
Finals done!!! Freedom!

Lucky you! :wink:
Anyone study at the Uni of Nottingham.

I'm doing my training there so I'd like to know more about the area/hosps.

Many thanks.
Original post by KenGosgrove
Anyone study at the Uni of Nottingham.

I'm doing my training there so I'd like to know more about the area/hosps.

Many thanks.

Quoted you in the other thread.
Christ. Finals results tomorrow. I feel sick.
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Christ. Finals results tomorrow. I feel sick.

All the best!
So many summative write ups which need to be done, still need to do lecture notes on CVS/Neuro/Anat of Thorax, and have a society and health exam in a few weeks! Literally feel like there's not enough time. Help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thinking of improving my clinical skills, mainly blood pressure.
I know I can buy a steth and a bp kit from medisave but they're quite expensive...:redface:

Could I buy a steth and a bp kit off ebay/Amazon :tongue: I'm guessing not due to the quality??
steth is the littmann Classic II
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mrs House
I know I can buy a steth and a bp kit from medisave but they're quite expensive...:redface:

Could I buy a steth and a bp kit off ebay/Amazon :tongue: I'm guessing not due to the quality??

Or just buy a steth and use the sphygmomanometer of wherever you go to do your clinical skills? I guarantee if you splurge on one you won't use it much and then regret the purchase!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Or just buy a steth and use the sphygmomanometer of wherever you go to do your clinical skills? I guarantee if you splurge on one you won't use it much and then regret the purchase!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not like syphgs are expensive though. Can be got for around a fiver or less online. The main cost is a stethoscope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios
It's not like syphgs are expensive though. Can be got for around a fiver or less online. The main cost is a stethoscope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've seen cheap ones, but she said the bp kit was expensive, so I took it at face value. :tongue:
Don't know how good those cheap ones are!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know a few people with cheap sphigs. They're not that bad, great for practice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very much considering moving to Spain when I graduate, it's been sunny the past few days and I work so much more efficiently

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5152

Buy a decent steth (littmann classic II is fine) and the cheapest sphyg you can get your hands on. In our finals they tend to use the dynamap instead so make sure you can work your way around one of those.

Original post by heythere247
Very much considering moving to Spain when I graduate, it's been sunny the past few days and I work so much more efficiently

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I'm literally the complete opposite - would be at my best in the Russian Arctic!
Original post by Tech

Haha I'm literally the complete opposite - would be at my best in the Russian Arctic!

Count me in, comrade. brb driving to work in 6ft snow in an ex-soviet 18 wheel ATV.
But so much darkness in the winter and not enough beer garden to look forward to! And it's also a well known fact that music sounds better in the sun (1).

References
1. Heythere247. Music improves with sunshine. Journal of TSR Bull****. 2015.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tech
Buy a decent steth (littmann classic II is fine) and the cheapest sphyg you can get your hands on. In our finals they tend to use the dynamap instead so make sure you can work your way around one of those.

Original post by Hype en Ecosse

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks guys:smile: I'll splash out on a good steth but get a cheap sphyg:tongue:
Original post by heythere247
But so much darkness in the winter and not enough beer garden to look forward to! And it's also a well known fact that music sounds better in the sun (1).

References
1. Heythere247. Music improves with sunshine. Journal of TSR Bull****. 2015.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm with you. I feel so much better in myself in sunnier climes (as long as there's sufficient air-con if you're going to be in a badly shaded room - last summer was ****ing appalling, we were too lazy to get some new blinds after they changed our living room windows so I had to actually tape baking paper over the windows to not die from the heat - didn't have anything else sensible/subtle to use). The weather/light situation's probably the main thing making me doubt I'll want to live here permanently once qualified.

I know this doesn't add anything to your question, but ever since I started medical school, all my Christmas/birthday presents from my parents have consisted of medical equipment. Just one more year and I can open a small GP surgery.
Original post by Wolfy^
I know this doesn't add anything to your question, but ever since I started medical school, all my Christmas/birthday presents from my parents have consisted of medical equipment. Just one more year and I can open a small GP surgery.

Hahahaha :tongue: I actually might start asking my parents to do this :colone:
Hey guys just wanted to ask a quick question on behalf of my brother.
He's curently at a UK medical school in his 2nd year. He's suspended his studies for a year due to ongoing health issues. He applied to UCAS in December as he was thinking of changing courses; he applied to the states and a couple in London. He has a few offers but they are asking for further references from the medical school. He doesn't want to get in any trouble if he does decide to stay in medicine. What is the best route by which to tackle this? Could he get into trouble with the school/ whichever governing council regulates medical
Students if he were to ask for a reference from the medical school? Will they have reason for concern if he were to go back into medical school after the suspension?
I think he basically wants to have all his options open so he can make a decision, but of course without antagonising or being disrespectful.

Thanks, it's a pretty unique situation but any help would be great or any guidance.

Latest

Trending

Trending