The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think none are easy - some are more reliable in terms of 'If i work hard, i'll get an A', whereas others are much more subjective, like English Lit and Drama. Psychology is ANYTHING but easy, but I know very few people who, after learning all the info, didn't come out with As.
Reply 21
Sociology - I wouldn't say that it's easy, but it's a subject that you get out what you put into it. As long as you work hard, and put the hours of revision in, you can get an A.
Reply 22
For me maths, becuase I can make sure I get at or near full marks, becuase they hardly change the questions year on year.
As others have stated it is of course an individual preference, and there are no glorified easy or hard subjects. However, for me at least i find Business Studies to be easiest, most likely because there is somewhat of an overlap with the other subjects which am taking; Media Studies for the Marketing aspect, and Mathematics for the accounting and more formulaic aspects of the syllabus.

Also the course itself requires a good sound general knowledge of current economical trends, and business activity - all of which i already gleefully aqquire and divulge.
Reply 24
I do Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths.
Physics is my favorite and easiest subject.
Reply 25
I found all mine hard, and as others have mentioned, it's subjective :rolleyes: .
Reply 26
GENERAL STUDIES!

lol, yeah i'd agree that no a-level is easy, some people are well suited to certain ones e.g love maths. I would never take an a-level just because someone said it was easy, i say do what you will enjoy, but then again i suppose if you just want to get into a 'good' uni then i can see why people dont want to make it difficult for themselves...
Reply 27
Chinese, only if you are chinese! ahaha funny joke..^^
Art.....
Reply 29
I found yr12 ICT easy.. but then this year it has been depressing because the lessons are so boring so i dropped it 3/4 the way through the course...
As much as I am loathe to say it, electronics was pretty damn easy for me. I learnt the entire syllabus for the most important module from a few pages of crappy notes (which I didn't write) and some past papers.

I didn't do General Studies, but I assume if somebody treated it as a proper A-level (i.e. spending as many lessons a week on it as any other A-level) then it would be a complete cake-walk.
Reply 31
Wow... people in here got alot of love for Physics...
For me Chemistry was the easiest out of the subjects that i took... (i am not saying it is the easiest subject in the world... lol) :biggrin:
Is chemistry that much harder than gcse?

I may change psych for chemistry as i want to be a vet.
Reply 33
PurpleSnow
Is chemistry that much harder than gcse?

I may change psych for chemistry as i want to be a vet.

From GCSE to AS, the jump is fine. From AS to A2, the impression that I've got from the course material is that it will be a far larger jump. Basically, the only change is that you actually have to understand why most things happen, rather than just regurgitating information, even though lots of regurgitation is still required!!
Reply 34
Business Studies is soo easy. To be honest its all about common sense and the examiners are soo lenient with the marking.
Maths.
Out of History, Biology and Maths I would say History because I only started learning the topics a couple of weeks before the exam- enough said.
English. Did no work last year got 120/120, 87/90, 84/90.

But I am pretty fond of English.... Helps if you like the subject.
Reply 38
Maths. But that's because I had a fabulous teacher.

English, because I didn't have to revise, really, at all.
Reply 39
Well...I think Chemistry as it's easier to comprehend and apply :smile:

Latest