The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

Social Work Interview

Hi Guys
wondering if anyone could help me before I drive myself crazy I have an interview on Wednesday at UEL for social work does anyone know what kind of questions they ask???????? I'm going insane trying to prepare for every eventuality
thanks
Hiya,

I have an interview at UEL this Wednesday. How was your interview? I can't find anyone else on here other than you and me who have any info on UEL.

Please help!

What questions did they ask?
Hope it went well
Jess xx
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi I got a place so must of gone well they asked me what motivated me towards a career in social work what my weaknesses would be how did I feel I could overcome them and they read a case study and asked what I'd do with it also why did I apply to that course hope that helps tried to remember as much as possible good luck for yours might see you in September 😊 xx
Hi

Were you asked social work related question? Got interview on Monday.
Hey guys, hopefully you'll find the following advice that I give to my students useful:

Here are 21 questions that will get you thinking about your Social Work interview at University. Whilst this is not an exhaustive list, it should give you an idea about the type of things to expect and the areas you need to practice. Get in touch with me if you’d like to look at the perfect answers to these questions, want a more detailed list, are interested in preparing for the whole process (including group interviews, assessments and presentations) or would like to practice your interview technique.

Basic questions
Tell us a bit about yourself?
Why do you want to apply for this course?
Why do you want to be a Social Worker?
What experience have you got that will help you on this course?

Medium-level questions
Tell us about a time when you have contributed to a team?
What skills do you have to make you an effective social worker?
What is your greatest weakness?
Tell us about a piece of work that you are proud of?
What skills do you need to have to make a good social worker?
What books have you read to prepare you for this course?
Tell us about this University and this course?
What recent news stories are relevant to Social Work?
What are the biggest challenges for Social Workers?
What challenges do you think you’ll face as a Social Work student?

Higher-level questions
Dealing with stress: How do you deal with stress and what mechanism do you have to cope when under pressure? Tell us about a time when you were stressed? How did you deal with this?
What is the relevance of a good assessment?
What is the importance of working together?
Can you give a working example of the anti-oppressive framework?
What theories would you take into this role? What research have you used to inform your practice?
Can you tell us about some recent legislation that impacts on the Social Work role?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending