The Student Room Group
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London

Birkbeck Chat and Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by knight_priestess
Does anyone know more about housing options for PG students and what area this Birkbeck located? (I have started doing research on housing to see what the expenses are like)
It's in Bloomsbury, Central London.
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London
Reply 321
Hi all... I'm hoping to start the msc in computer science here in October and have an interview and test coming up! Has anyone got any tips of what to expect etc to assist me in preparing ? I'll be going through the reading material that I was emailed. Thanks
In general terms they are looking for intelligent people with solid background knowledge and an interest in the subject. Masters degrees are cash cows and not typically that hard to get into.
Anyone know when enrollment starts for September? Specifically, filling out details to get means tested for bursaries?
Original post by kingoftheting
Anyone know when enrollment starts for September? Specifically, filling out details to get means tested for bursaries?

When I asked about enrolment I was told it should open mid June.
Original post by Nubian Rapunzel

Ah, OK. I'll be in sunny Spain, but it'll give me something to do when I get back!
Anyone interested in the MA Education, Power and Social Change? Applying for 2015 entry
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone going to the CertHe in legal methods taster day tomorrow?
Original post by Nubian Rapunzel

So, June came and went 🙈
I want to enrol! 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I think I spoke too soon! Has anybody else had their username emailed this evening?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 330
I applied for the MSc Computer Science course last week - There is going to be some sort of aptitude test if invited to an interview. Anyone have any experience of it?
Reply 331
What are you guys doing about accommodation?
Hello! I'm doing the CertHE in October, got my offer today :smile: x
hey, i'm currently trying to apply for linguistics and japanese course at bbk, i was just wondering if anyone else is doing the same, and if anyone could tell me what the uni is like =). also if anyone has any idea what the admissions test is for the course, i know you need to do a langauge test if you're not a complete beginner, but it had no information on what the admissions test was, and i'm kinda nervous xD
Waiting for October to start is horrendous.

Have you got joining insturcutions yet?
Anyone else doing full-time undergrad Computing course in October?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sneferu
Have you got joining insturcutions yet?

You mean enrollment? Yes, I'm enrolled and have selected my modules etc. Just waiting on a timetable now. Orientation is on the 26th September, I think.

If you're still waiting, check your spam folder. Also be aware that they're likely to be very busy right now since A-level results just came out and clearing etc.
You mean enrollment? Yes, I'm enrolled and have selected my modules etc. Just waiting on a timetable now. Orientation is on the 26th September, I think.

If you're still waiting, check your spam folder. Also be aware that they're likely to be very busy right now since A-level results just came out and clearing etc.

Okay, just wondering whether i should be worried or not
Reply 338
I'll be starting MSc Computer Science this October :smile:, anyone else here?
Original post by deni3d
I'll be starting MSc Computer Science this October :smile:, anyone else here?

I think there is. If you're on Facebook, search for Birkbeck University Freshers 2015 group. Or you could pm me your number and I'll add you to our whatsapp group

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending