The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laratomkins12345
i ma the exact same boat. applied for sociology and social anthropology and not heard since november when i applied! what did you get in your highers? i really want to go!

Hopefully the late reply has something to do with the department then! I'm actually not from the UK, but the standard offer from Edinburgh asks for high grades (in my system), no doubt!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2521
Got rejected for International Business with Chinese yesterday...it was quiet a shock for me. :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aral34
Got rejected for International Business with Chinese yesterday...it was quiet a shock for me. :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really sorry to hear that :-(
Original post by TKCD77
What have you applied for? I hope after all this waiting we'll have good news... Please.... Lol.

French and English literature :smile: I know! I'm really hoping we hear soon, I know they technically have until May 7th but SURELY it'll be before that
Original post by esrioasaoirse
French and English literature :smile: I know! I'm really hoping we hear soon, I know they technically have until May 7th but SURELY it'll be before that

I really hope so!
Is there an email that you can ask for feedback on the reason your application was unsuccessful for Edinburgh. I was rejected today but I dont know how to get feedback.
Original post by Decision11
Is there an email that you can ask for feedback on the reason your application was unsuccessful for Edinburgh. I was rejected today but I dont know how to get feedback.

That sucks I'm sorry! Was it your first choice? I'm not sure exactly which email but I'd say its on UCAS or the admissions section of the website? Maybe the contact section I'm not sure :s

Very sorry to hear that, hope you had other offers! Can I ask you what was your chosen course? However I cannot help you, because I have usually called them
Original post by Cosimo96
Very sorry to hear that, hope you had other offers! Can I ask you what was your chosen course? However I cannot help you, because I have usually called them

International Business with Spanish.Oh sorry I didnt see the post above, no it wasnt my first choice. I do feel now a bit gutted but like its happened now so yeah. I just got an email from them about their online portal so I think I will find a link to ask about feedback there.
(edited 9 years ago)

[email protected] is the mentioned mail

I just wrote them a mail.
They sent my a message today that both of my applications couldn't be considered since I applied after the deadline.
But I handed in everything on time via UCAS.

Any tips how to proceed?
Original post by beckily

They sent my a message today that both of my applications couldn't be considered since I applied after the deadline.

Any tips how to proceed?

Call Ucas.
Original post by beckily

Any tips how to proceed?

Hmm I am not sure I just emailed them now too. But then was emailed back that they had received a high volume of emails and that I need to wait I think. It seems strange if you handed your stuff in on time before the deadline that their reason is because you didnt meet the deadline :/
Reply 2532
Original post by beckily

Any tips how to proceed?

UCAS should have sent you an acknowledgement when you originally sent in your application. Did you get one? If so, forward it onto them.
Also, UCAS would have sent you username and password details. Log into UCAS and see what it says there.
Still nothing for Law. I'm literally going insane.
Original post by senorchang
26 March 2015
12:46 - email prompt to check UCAS.
Received laughably low conditional offer to study law at Edinburgh. Almost offensively low? Don't they think I can do better?

Don't firm them then :-)
(edited 9 years ago)
If I go into 2nd year straight away will it be harder to make friends in course as people have been together for a year or do you Think it would still be easy enough?
Two friends of mine have been rejected yesterday.
still waiting an answer for straight economics. Guess they'll reject me too.
Original post by orphan_black
Still nothing for Law. I'm literally going insane.

Good luck. Hold tight. It's so close to the deadline now that you can be certain that you're in the mix! I hope you get a good result.
Original post by watchingyouwatch
All you have done on this tread is complain.

You should be happy they have made you an offer and a low conditional at that but are you ? no. If it is so offensive to you then don't accept it

How is it offensive anyway ? They want you and have given you a low off to show that. If that offends you then maybe you need to toughen up a bit :wink:

There are lots of people still waiting to hear and desperate to get an offer of any kind and would be happily swop places with you.

Glad someone said it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got rejected for History and Politics. Surprisingly enough, I'm not even sad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending