The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

LCC Graphic and Media Design

Hi, I've recently got an offer from London College of Communication, it's pretty much my first choice so I was just wondering if anyone knows of any educational trips, etc. Happening on the Graphic and Media Design course?
Any information will be great, thanks!
I think your best bet would be emailing the department and asking them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
You're better off calling or emailing them, I got a response very quickly, or when you have your interview you can ask them questions :biggrin: I read on the website that some of the Halls do trips but I don't know if that's correct
Reply 3
not sure about trips but they do offer 1 year work placements in the industry which is pretty good if you can get a spot, it might be the deciding factor between LCC and Chelsea for me.
Hi,

Does anyone know how many places are available for BA Graphic and Media design?

Cheers
Reply 5
Original post by 5991northe
... I was just wondering if anyone knows of any educational trips, etc. Happening on the Graphic and Media Design course? ...
Our year group did not have any trips, although I vaugly heard one of the year groups below us (current years one and two) had some sort of trip to somewhere in europe, I may have heard something about Amsterdam or something, but I wouldnt quote me on it. Probably drop an email.
Original post by Peco
... they do offer 1 year work placements in the industry ...
The 'Diploma in Professional Studies' (DPS) can be undertaken between years two and three, kind of like a sandwich year, except it is a completely seperate qualification, so you get two qualifications upon graduation (passing one is not reliant on passing the other.) It is currently run (and has been for a while) by Sarah Temple. It is not a work placement year, as in you get handed a company to go work for etc. It is very dependent on the student researching and applying to studios and companies themselves, although Sarah is available for a lot of support and is always emailing out opportunities to have a look at (she gets a lot of emails from studios looking for interns that she forwards on). Some people can end up working all over the world at multiple studios, whereas others can end up working on personal projects and doing the occational bit of freelance work. From who I have spoken to, the vast majority of people who undertook it found it to be a really positive experience and got a lot out of their year. I personally felt that it really lifted the weight off my back worrying about what I am going to do after graduation, as I have now already experienced going out applying for jobs and working for a studio for an extended period of time, rather then having to do it for the first time after graduation. I would definately recomend doing this.
Original post by futureStudent015
... Does anyone know how many places are available for BA Graphic and Media design? ...
The current first years is a rather large year. I heard its around 250 students (our year starting in 2011 was just under 150.) Obviously I am not sure how they are looking to scale that for the next year, but its definately on the higher end as far as courses go. Although having said that, if you are fine with a large year group and living in London, the facilities and the course (and the DPS year) have to add up to make it one of the best Graphic Design courses in the UK at the moment.
(edited 9 years ago)
The Amsterdam trip is probably the student trip you can attend which has nothing to do with the actual university. Been running almost yearly.
Original post by Peco
not sure about trips but they do offer 1 year work placements in the industry which is pretty good if you can get a spot, it might be the deciding factor between LCC and Chelsea for me.

Let me know if you end up in a difficult situation and need help deciding. I can give you inside information of chelsea (I was also accepted to LCC when I applied).
Reply 8
Original post by UALStudent_
Let me know if you end up in a difficult situation and need help deciding. I can give you inside information of chelsea (I was also accepted to LCC when I applied).

Hello,

I would like some help deciding between Chelsea and LCC for Graphics please!
At the moment I am more for Chelsea.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending