The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hello Hannah, I was thinking about applying for Regents University to study International Business but I am not sure how hard it is to get it. Can you please inform me about some of the entry requirements?
Original post by matildecs
Hello Hannah

I am an undergraduate and I'm thinking of applying for the course of International Business at Regents University but I'm not sure how hard it will be to get in. I studied in Portugal and I don't know how my grades match the University's entry requirements. I am also currently studying at the Lisbon University so maybe that could help... I would also like to know what the foundation year is all about, or if it is just part of the 3 year course. Can you help me in anyway?
thank you

Hi matildecs,

That's great to hear you are interested in studying on our International Business programme.

For entry onto the programme, we would require the Portuguese Certificado de fin de Estudios Secundários - with a minimum grade 15 out of 20. We do accept certain international equivalents. If you have a different type of qualification and are unsure if it meets the requirements, it is best you contact the admissions team and provide them with further information so they can advise you: http://www.regents.ac.uk/about/contact-us

As qualifications vary in different school systems, the foundation year is for those students who do not meet the entry requirements for the undergraduate degree programme. It prepares students with the knowledge and skills they will need to start their International Business degree. The foundation year is integrated, meaning students that pass the foundation year automatically progress onto the degree programme.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

I wish you all the best with your application.

Kind regards,
Hannah
Reply 22
Hi Hannah,
Thank you for your answer, it definitely helped me! However I am still quite concert about my application... My grade is 15,1 out of 20, which I suppose would be a low grade for Regent's University... I really want to attend a good University like Regent's but I'm worried that my grades will get in the way. I was wondering what else you might look for in an application... Is the Foundation Year a good option for me? What can I do?
Original post by matildecs
Hi Hannah,
Thank you for your answer, it definitely helped me! However I am still quite concert about my application... My grade is 15,1 out of 20, which I suppose would be a low grade for Regent's University... I really want to attend a good University like Regent's but I'm worried that my grades will get in the way. I was wondering what else you might look for in an application... Is the Foundation Year a good option for me? What can I do?

Hi matildecs,

Based on the information you've given me, as you meet the entry requirements, I would definitely encourage you to apply to the undergraduate programme. The admissions officer will assess your application, and if for any reason your application for the undergraduate programme were to be unsuccessful, your application would be considered for the foundation programme.

You mentioned you are studying at university level as well? When you apply, you should send through your transcripts for what you have studied so far at university, as good results at university level will help your application.

The other components assessed in the application are the personal statement and letters of reference. A well written personal statement and strong letters of reference will go a long way in supporting your application.

No need to be worried, our aim is to make sure we place our applicants at the right level of study so that they can get the most out of their learning and succeed.

We accept applications throughout the year, so if you are looking to start in September, you have plenty of time to put together your application and supporting documents.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
Hannah
Reply 24
I have an offer for BA events management with foundation year. How are your fees paid and what funding am I entitled to as yours fees are over £15,000 :smile:
Ps I am a uk student
Original post by Dan1234D
I have an offer for BA events management with foundation year. How are your fees paid and what funding am I entitled to as yours fees are over £15,000 :smile:
Ps I am a uk student

Hi there Dan1234D,

Congratulations on your offer!

Information on payment methods for your fees can be found here: http://www.regents.ac.uk/study/how-to-pay.

Regarding funding, we do not currently have any scholarships for this programme.
That said, you can apply for funding through Student Finance England, although this would only cover part of the tuition fees - up to £6000/year.

There may be additional sources of external funding that we are not aware of as well.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about studying at Regent's that I can help with.

Best wishes,
Hannah
Reply 26
Hi! I'm thinking of applying for the Screenwriting & Producing course and was wondering if there are any opportunities to study abroad?
Original post by ebraico
Hi! I'm thinking of applying for the Screenwriting & Producing course and was wondering if there are any opportunities to study abroad?

Hi Ebraico,

Thanks for your message.
No, I'm afraid it's not possible to study abroad with this programme.

One thing worth noting though is that there are now Kevin Spacey Foundation scholarships offered for this programme, which cover £10,000 of the tuition fee for each year of the programme. More info about this here: http://www.regents.ac.uk/study/scholarships-funding-and-bursaries/kevin-spacey-foundation-scholarship.aspx. The deadline for this is 30th June, so make sure you get your application in (both for the programme and the scholarship) well before then.
Also, all students on the programme attend two masterclasses with Kevin Spacey himself.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this programme, or Regent's in general that I can help with.

Best wishes,
Hannah
Reply 28
Hi there,

I've got an offer but regents are asking for a massive deposit which I'll lose if I don't get the grades. This doesn't sound right... Can anyone give me any info?
Original post by Jste
Hi there,

I've got an offer but regents are asking for a massive deposit which I'll lose if I don't get the grades. This doesn't sound right... Can anyone give me any info?

Hi Jste,

Congratulations on your offer, that's wonderful news!

The registration fee secures your place on the programme, and if you are non-EU citizen, the advanced non-EU deposit is required to begin the visa process.

We generally recommend students pay the deposit at their earliest convenience, particularly if a visa is required, so that their place is secured and the visa process can begin as soon as the unconditional offer is made.

However, there is no formal deadline to pay your registration fee or non-EU advance deposit, so you are welcome to wait until you receive your official grades before making any payments if you prefer.

More information is available on the Admissions tab of the programme pages: http://regents.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-study/programmes

Congrats again, and best wishes for the remainder of your current studies. We hope to see you in September!

Kind regards,
Hannah
Hello,

I was thinking about applying for Regents University to study Finance (Postgraduate), I am currently a third year student at the European Business School Paris, and part of my bachelor was following an exchange with Middlesex University from which I will be graduated. Is it necessary for me to take an English test, as I will be graduated from an English University (I've followed an international cursus so all my 3 years were in english) ?

Best regards.
Reply 31
Does anyone apply for Foundation in Acting? :smile:
Reply 32
Hello Hannah,

hope you are still here :smile:
I did the online application a few weeks ago and sent in the additional informations/documents as well.
Can you tell me when I will get in answer? Sorry for being so inpatient :biggrin:

Best regards,

Alex
Reply 33
Could someone please help me? I'm a EU student applying independently and i'm a little bit confused about the UCAS application. Is it only after i upload my details and personal statement that my referee will be able to submit the academic reference? And how is that happening? After i give their details, do they get an e-mail from UCAS with login details and so can upload the reference?
Is there any funding available for Scottish students studying at Regents University London?

I received an unconditional for Global Management - pathway in Global Business Management - BA (Hons) tarting September of 2015 and am not sure on the student finance aspect since it's quite expensive.
Original post by Regent's University London
Hi matildecs,

Based on the information you've given me, as you meet the entry requirements, I would definitely encourage you to apply to the undergraduate programme. The admissions officer will assess your application, and if for any reason your application for the undergraduate programme were to be unsuccessful, your application would be considered for the foundation programme.

You mentioned you are studying at university level as well? When you apply, you should send through your transcripts for what you have studied so far at university, as good results at university level will help your application.

The other components assessed in the application are the personal statement and letters of reference. A well written personal statement and strong letters of reference will go a long way in supporting your application.

No need to be worried, our aim is to make sure we place our applicants at the right level of study so that they can get the most out of their learning and succeed.

We accept applications throughout the year, so if you are looking to start in September, you have plenty of time to put together your application and supporting documents.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
Hannah

Is there any funding available for Scottish students studying at Regents University London?

I received an unconditional for Global Management - pathway in Global Business Management - BA (Hons) tarting September of 2015 and am not sure on the student finance aspect since it's quite expensive.
Reply 36
Hi Im interested in stayin international relations at the university but I was curious Cuz on the website it says subject for validation and I was wondering what that meant and also since its America degree is it recognised by the British
Hi!

I may sound stupid, but I can only see the start date for this course and I need to know the end date, term dates and how many weeks I will study during my first year to apply for funding. Anyone who knows these dates and weeks for the undergraduate course psychology starting year 2015?

Best regards,
D
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows whether there is place to keep my car whilst at uni I'm going to regents in September and was just wondering if I could bring my car with me as travel would be expensive, I was thinking of staying at urbanest st.pancras so would there be parking there and at the uni itself or not?
Thanks
Emily
Original post by Regent's University London
Great to hear, and congratulations!
Please let me know if you have other queries.

Look forward to seeing you on campus.
Hannah

gh
(edited 7 months ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending