The Student Room Group

Best games to play with your other half?

Hi. :smile:

I'm looking for some games which my fiance and I can play together - does anyone have any recommendations?

This can be across all consoles/P.C/Android Smartphone - I own every one at the moment.

I like all types of games, but she hasn't played many games at all, so she's not too sure what genre she'd like.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I played through the whole of Half Life on PC, with me on the mouse and my other half using the keys to move around. Reached an otherworldly level of human synergy and fusion of minds. :lol:

:beard:

Playing Mario games with other people is fun - you can play single player together and switch over whenever you lose a life. Nintendo in general is pretty good actually because they're enjoyable without needing a lot of experience. Legend of Zelda is good because you can work out the puzzles together. :h: If she's not that into gaming then things like halo/cod/etc. quickly become frustrating because it just turns into dying and re-spawning all the time if you're bad at it.

Co-op games like Resident Evil and Gears of War also works pretty well :smile: And things like the Walking Dead/Wolf Among Us where you can discuss choices is also good :h:
Reply 2
It was the same with my girlfriend and the games we found she liked and were fun to play were Dynasty Warriors co-op, original Crash Bandicoot taking it in turns every death, minecraft co-op and and Red Dead Redemption just messing around, tying nuns to train tracks is her favourite!!
Fifa.

Oh no, wait...
Reply 4
LittleBigPlanet is a nice game for beginners and fun as co-op. Always a bit tough finding a good game to play with 2 different experience levels, but that seems like a good place to start
Micro Machines.
Reply 6
Fancy Pants Adventures, simple but fun.
Reply 7
Mario Kart Wii
Boom Blox
Worms Armageddon
Minecraft
Command and Conquer RA2-Yuri's Revenge
Age of Empires 2
Unreal Tournament 2004
Portal 2

That's a list of some me and my other half play together :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well.. When I had someone we did play sonic on the Xbox.. Which was very fun on both parties.. Though she got a bit annoyed since she was a little competitive
Me and my boyfriend usually play games like Borderlands, Killing Floor and Left 4 Dead 2 together. We also take advantage of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth's local co-op system, which is quite amusing at times.

And I can get way too competitive on Sonic 2's multiplayer...
Little Big Planet 1/2/3, Diablo 2/3, Portal 2, Left4Dead, GTAV, Minecraft, Mario Kart Wii (unless you/she are very competetive as there will be arguments :P) Pokemon, Rayman Legends (or whatever the Wii u one was called). Quite a variety there. :P
Original post by Kagutsuchi
Hi. :smile:

I'm looking for some games which my fiance and I can play together - does anyone have any recommendations?

This can be across all consoles/P.C/Android Smartphone - I own every one at the moment.

I like all types of games, but she hasn't played many games at all, so she's not too sure what genre she'd like.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. :smile:

How's about snakes and ladders? Cluedo? Monopoly?

Nah, scrap that.. Alone in the Dark.. I played that when I was like 10. Schayt me up
When I stop being single again I would perhaps consier playing Brothers: A tale of two sons with them, one of us using out left hand and the other using their right to control one of the brothers each, particularly given it's, while short, a nice story and game.
I tend to play sports games with my wife; NHL and Fifa particularly but also NBA sometimes.

Also Soul Calibur is great fun.
We love Borderlands, Tekken 5, Little Big Planet, pretty much any motor racing games...
Lego games co op. Relatively simple and easy to get to grips with, meaning that it doesn't just end up with you doing everything.

Also Knack is fun; again easy to get to grips with.

Playing single player games and alternating with deaths can be fun, but if she hasn't played games much easily just turns into you playing for 20 minutes while she watches, then her playing for two minutes before dying.
Mind games?

Wait...
Portal 2
Left 4 Dead (1&2)
Civ V
Castle Crashers
Minecraft
LEGO Marvel Superheroes
And we play a lot of single player horror games together, like, swapping, or just one playing but sharing the experience. T be fair, we do that a lot.
Left 4 Dead is a good game to get her interested in shooters. You can only play Left 4 Dead on split screen on Xbox 360 though.

Minecraft is really good as well.

Lego games all have split screen.

I think these are a good three to get you started and see what she likes. :smile:
Mortal Kombat (MKX out Tuesday!).

Quick Reply

Latest