The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham or St Andrews

I have offers for both Biochemistry (as part of Biological Sciences) at Durham and Biomolecular Science (which is in the chemistry department) at St Andrews for 2015 entry and I'm trying to decide which to make my firm choice. I have researched both courses and universities thoroughly and I have visited both universities. I have thought of the pros and cons of each and they are very similar and it's very close so it's difficult to decide which one. I was wondering does anyone know which of these courses/universities has a better reputation in terms of employability/graduate prospects etc.? I have tried to research this but the different league tables and things contradict each other so any advice would be really helpful. :smile:
Reply 1
Bump.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Sapphire321
Bump.

You should've posted this on the Biochemistry forum. You are more likely to receive some bias towards Durham.
Reply 3
Original post by kkboyk
You should've posted this on the Biochemistry forum. You are more likely to receive some bias towards Durham.

Thanks, I'll do that but I also posted it in the St Andrews forum.
Reply 4
Original post by Sapphire321
Thanks, I'll do that but I also posted it in the St Andrews forum.

It wouldn't make any significant difference whether you go to St Andrews or Durham: they both have good employability/graduate prospect and teaching quality. It's a matter of which university will give you an overall better university experience outside academia, and gain other useful skills.

So which university has the best modules you'll enjoy and offer a wide variety of other modules to choose? Which seems more enjoyable? Ask yourself these questions and see which one you've chosen the most out of those 2 universities.

Quick Reply