The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucymcc
Hey! I am staying in Firhill Court as well, don't know anyone else going to Glasgow for Uni haha! Are you staying in a 4 share or 6 share?

Im staying there too :biggrin:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
hey ! anyone staying at the apartments ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied for Cairncross but haven't heard back yet, anyone else? :smile:
Original post by katarinka

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep
I'm staying in QM Residences, anyone else? I hear they tend to be full, so there must be some :P
Original post by ratherstrangeman
I'm staying in QM Residences, anyone else? I hear they tend to be full, so there must be some :P

Me! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katarinka

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a shuttle bus service from the Queen Margaret Residencies to the Uni campus and Dental School? What are roughly the timings?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're in Firhill, there's a Facebook group for everyone. :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/firhill2014/

Also, beware that some of the Facebook accommodation groups are run by a company not linked to the uni in any way and use the groups just to promote their events, none of which are covered by the Freshers' Pass. They also seem to use fake student profiles and delete comments they don't like.
(edited 9 years ago)
I was wondering if anyone has lived in Victoria Halls. Does someone know how far it is from uni? Single en-suite rooms there are way cheaper than Queen Margaret...

I'm not really the type of person who likes to party, and I need silence. I don't think I could do shared rooms or bathrooms, just because I get very particular about the specific order of various personal items :/
Just applied for Merano large flats, was over visiting some friends there last week and they advised me to sacrifice personal comfort for meeting plenty of new people in a relaxed atmosphere haha. From Northern Ireland!
(edited 9 years ago)
Does anyone know anything about the conditions of living in student accommodation? Are they strict? I have lived in student accommodation before where they were very limiting. We weren't allowed have friends over and they did weekly room checks. Don't think I could do that again. Also, would most people in student accomodation be young/ school leavers?
Hi,

Just firmed my offer to study law at Glasgow starting in Sept 2015 and I'm having the seemingly routine minor breakdown over picking accommodation :tongue: I'm not exactly crazy wild party chick but I enjoy going out and having a drink with friends.

I was looking at QM as my first choice and then debating between Cairncross and the Student Apts, anyone got any information that could help me argue these two out?

-R x
Anyone got accommodation offers yet?
Original post by rudibrabbs
Anyone got accommodation offers yet?

don't think offers come out until mid April
Hey Guys,

I am looking at the UNITE accommodation in Gibson Street. Has anyone heard any reviews or stayed there previously who could give some advice on this? What's it like living there/how are UNITE as a company etc?

Thanks in advance
Originally I wanted to apply to Victoria Halls, but they are fully booked :frown:

I just applied for Buchanan View at Unite Students and although it's half an hour away from uni, it's close to the city center and I'll probably have a student pass and am keen on getting around. It's the cheapest option with 112 a month. Unite students accommodation looks pretty nice inside, the outside looks like something ripped out of Skins, though hahahah

Personally, I need my own room and bathroom, because I'm so obsessive compulsive about that. (I need my own quiet space to study and sleep, and I dread having to share a bathroom after a night of clubbing).

I think the accommodation UofG offers is very pricey, and you can get better deals from private companies if you need ensuite rooms.
Original post by majatheaztec
Originally I wanted to apply to Victoria Halls, but they are fully booked :frown:

I just applied for Buchanan View at Unite Students and although it's half an hour away from uni, it's close to the city center and I'll probably have a student pass and am keen on getting around. It's the cheapest option with 112 a month. Unite students accommodation looks pretty nice inside, the outside looks like something ripped out of Skins, though hahahah

Personally, I need my own room and bathroom, because I'm so obsessive compulsive about that. (I need my own quiet space to study and sleep, and I dread having to share a bathroom after a night of clubbing).

I think the accommodation UofG offers is very pricey, and you can get better deals from private companies if you need ensuite rooms.

I agree, I was looking at the UNITE apartments and they seem marginally more expensive than the UofG halls but massively better in quality, especially those located in Gibson Street. My only concern as a first year is not necessarily being amongst the other first year students...
Could anyone explain what the accommodation services mean by the category in your application's status? What is given the highest priority etc.?
Posted from TSR Mobile

With UNITE you're put with people usually from the same uni and as far as I know one is in her second year and another is a postgraduate in my room. I'm looking more forward to a calmer atmosphere and I'm hoping older students are more mature.... idk I'm really strange.... I'm not too worried about not being with first years.... I'll be joining lots of clubs and stuff anyway :smile:

I'll also be staying in the cheapest one, although its the furthest away from uni. It's close to the city center and I enjoy taking public transport haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending