The Student Room Group

TSR New Year Transformation Contest 2015 - Official Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 41
Not gonna lie most people haven't really understood the point of the whole date thing...
Hey everyone!

So here goes...

I'm entering to be part of this awesome community event and be part of your wonderfully supportive gang but as a member of the CT I won't be part of the competition.

First up I salute you all for uploading photos... I'm not sure how you felt but I feel pretty vulnerable right now, isn't it nervewracking! High fives all round for everyone gritting their teeth and doing their thing, we are all going to achieve our transformation over the next three months...

My goals are to become stronger, achieving more lean muscle tone but mainly focusing on flexibility - I'm talking the splits, head closer to me knees, my toes are going to become my new best friends.

My dream is to become a yoga bunny physically and spiritually.

I eat relatively cleanly but will make more of an effort over the coming months.

I have limited stats..

Weight: 59kg
Height: 164cm

I'll start my blog tomorrow! Which will include photos of where I'm currently at with my flexibility....

Good luck everyone, together let's make this an awesome three months of transformation.

SR. x
(edited 9 years ago)
So after much deliberation of "shall I shan't I?" I've finally gone for it

My main goal is to get fitter. I would also like to get back to my ideal weight of 9st 7lb which is just over a stone away, and try and gain some strength in the process.

Very little stats as well. Hopefully will get some more soon (but that's for the blog)

Weight: 67kg (10st 7.8lb)
Height: 170cm (5ft 7in)

Also sorry for poor pictures. Don't have great lighting :sigh: If they are really that terrible please let me know and I'll have to do them again
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 44
That's it guys. Now it's time to convert some enthusiasm into real progress and create the physique you want. This thread will be re-opened for finish photos in three months.
Reply 45
Here we go everyone. Time to post up your finishing pictures with any stats that you want to record. I hope everyone has managed to make some improvement. The work you've put in has been great. Good luck!
5ft 1, 51.2kg to 46.7kg
Still a little way to go until I am happy but I am very proud of myself :smile:

Reply 48
Before > After

Weight : 72 kg > 64.5 kg
Chest : 40" > 41"
Waist : 32">31"
Upper Arms : 14"> 15" (Right), 14.5" (Left)

>

>

>

>

Really happy with what what I was able to achieve in 3 months (: .
Measurements

Start
8.7 stone/55.3kg
Waist: 29"
Hip/Bum: 36”
Thigh: 20”
Bicep: 10”

End
8.2 stone/52.4kg
Waist: 26"
Hip/Bum: 37”
Thigh: 19”
Bicep: 11”

The main difference I’ve noticed is my strength. I’m able to do a lot more of the more complicated pole and aerial hoop moves now. I can also do pullups (YAY) and am able to hold my plank/side plank for over 3 minutes. (Started off only able to do 60s) I really like the back photo as I can actually see that I have gained muscle! :smile:

I actually took part in a hoop and pole photoshoot and really wanted to attach some of those photos to this final post but I haven’t actually received the photos yet.

This transformation contest has been great and I’ve achieved some real results but I’m very aware that this is only the start of my fitness journey. I still want to work on improving my posture as I’m still unhappy with it. I want to be able to do harder and even more badass moves on the hoop. I want to start weightlifting and I one day hope to bench press my body weight. Those goals might be faroff in the future though. I aim to stick at the programme I’ve been doing over the last 3 months and continue with my journey! :biggrin:

Well done everyone else who took part in this contest your results and end photos all look impressive. It's obvious that you've all come very far and I hope you have all achieved what you wanted to achieve at the start of this contest. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Not going to bother uploading pictures. As I gave up midway. Good luck to the rest of you.
I took my photos yesterday but because I have family down there was no chance of me getting online yesterday to post them.

Pics

NB: Had to do date in a different format this time as my iPad date picture doesn't show the date very well!

Stats
Before: 67kg (10st 7.8lb)
After: 62kg (9st 11.2 lb)

There wont be as much of a transformation as some others and not a huge loss of weight, but for me personally I am exceedingly proud of what I have achieved. The last 4 months have been full of challenges and changes from loads of minor illnesses so I couldn't exercise, to very stressful times at work and a change of jobs, but this has kept me motivated the whole way through.

I am now much more fitter and stronger than I was and I'm starting to get some muscles in my upper body which I've never had before! I have also learned how to eat properly and what is good for me and my busy lifestyle. Eating wise I have really struggled with evening meals as I do not control what I eat for these and I essentially get what I'm given (which unfortunately does include some take-aways) so I have learned how to portion my meals instead; how much I need to eat for my body to function properly, and when to stop. My food choices have also improved and I now only really try and eat mostly protein and veg more than carbohydrates.

I have now given myself a long term goal of completing Tough Mudder in 2016, with a few running races and a 10km Rock Solid leading up to this, and hopefully a half marathon too! I am also happy at the weight that I am now and want to maintain this.

I did not reach my weight target, but when I set that out I completely forgot to compensate for any muscle building that I was going to do, and I know I have done. I am very glad that I did decide to complete this however, as it's given me the basis to carry on with this new healthy lifestyle, and teaching me new things which I can apply to everyday life.

Well done to everyone who has completed this. Everyone has worked so hard and it really shows! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 52
I've got no one to take my pictures, my camera is a two megapixel so I'm gonna see how well pics come out on that, Have a bad feeling they're gonna be terrible, I may check if I can use my laptop instead somehow, I'll edit this with my pics! Also everyone has done ****ing amazing!!!
So I've decided to not put my photos up for a couple of reasons. However, the main one is because the transformation I've made hasn't been anything that you can visibly see :tongue:

However I can say that I've not only gotten fitter but I'm also developing in strength. If you follow my blog you can see the progress I would want to continue making and hopefully you'll see the results that I want to show off :h:

I can't tell if I look any different, still a long way to go. But I feel much healthier and my clothes are looser, plus I thought I'd include a photo of my newly formed bicep! Haha. It's a lot of hard work for slow progress, but I have enjoyed it.ImageUploadedByStudent Room1428266365.738846.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1428266378.639035.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1428266391.658030.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1428266407.752229.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeah I forgot the date again, sorry, hope this screenshot of my iPad is ok (just took the photos today)ImageUploadedByStudent Room1428266768.024989.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
So firstly I know I'm not counting in the competition.

My aims were mainly for improvement in performance rather than changes in aesthetics and I think I've done that.

In terms of how far I've gone. I've focused on running, cycling and swimming.

Run: 274.1 miles
Bike: 409.7 miles
Swim: 20.30 miles (1307 lengths)

My ranking on runbritain has gone from 6.8 when I started in January to 5.5 now. That means that I was about 18,400th and am now 13,800th in the UK

Particular highlights are

PBs:
Parkrun: 19:45 | 19:29 These I do every week when at home
5K 19:02 | 18:02 This I do once a month in term time + extras.
10K 46:13 | 38:23 (this were a while ago)
10 mile 74:35 | 65:15 (also quite an old result but happy with result)

New results:
3000m 10:33

Other highlights:
Ran as part of a charity relay 170 miles from Lancashire coast to Yorkshire coast on way of the roses
Some lovely off road runs
A 100 mile cycle ride to Liverpool
Improved my swimming a lot in terms of technique.

pictures

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 57
That's it everyone. Thanks for taking part and best of luck to everyone that has put so much effort in.
Reply 58
Results

First of all a huge congratulations to everybody that took part. You've all made noticeable improvement and I hope you feel better for it. It's felt quite a long time so I'll announce the results.

Men

:king1: Dynamikey

:king2: Mackx

:king3: salmanj

Women

:king1: oneocean

:king2: timeforchange

:king3: LadySmythe

Once again a huge congratulations for having the courage to take part and doing so fabulously. You'll be getting a private message from me about prizes if you won in the next couple of hours.

It's been an absolute pleasure to share our virtual gym and I wish you well on your continuing transformation.

Thanks,

Nick

Quote List

(edited 3 years ago)
Well done everyone!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest