You should remove this instantly
Reply 2
Original post by Kash24411
You should remove this instantly

I have done, but why?
Reply 3
Original post by B4RB1380Y
I have done, but why?

Because there are people out there who steal or copy things like this. They're run through plagiarism checkers and if a fraudster submits your stolen statement before you do, you might be the one accused of copying. Never post anything like a PS on a public internet forum, or send it to a stranger.
Original post by B4RB1380Y
I have done, but why?

Your application could be cancelled due to plagiarism as there would be an online version of it. Or someone may even use some of your own sections.

You may even need to re-write some sections or the whole thing but because you removed it so quick it should be fine.

Best thing to do is to ask teachers to read your personal statement.
There is also the PS builder tool that you can go through to review your PS yourself :smile: I would also recommend googling your PS to see whether it was cached by google
TSR volunteers used to look over your PS, but now they charge you for it.
Original post by King Leonidas
TSR volunteers used to look over your PS, but now they charge you for it.

and it's now college teachers who look at it, rather than the old volunteers, but yes there is a charge (~£60 last I checked)
Original post by *Interrobang*
and it's now college teachers who look at it, rather than the old volunteers, but yes there is a charge (~£60 last I checked)

How many people are actually using the service though, surely it's better to just get your own college staff to check your personal statement (considering they know you personally and what you are capable of).
Original post by King Leonidas
How many people are actually using the service though, surely it's better to just get your own college staff to check your personal statement (considering they know you personally and what you are capable of).

It's a good idea to get someone you trust who *doesn't* know you well to read it. Admissions staff don't know you - your PS needs to be clear about your interests and abilities to a stranger

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending