The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

I'm thinking about putting Queen Margaret Residence as my first choice, does anyone here have any experience of these halls?

Is anyone else applying to them?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
What are considered the 'best' halls?
Queen Margaret are considered the best probably
Anyone at Glasgow uni staying in Buchanan View????
Between Cairncross, Winton Drive, Student apartments and Murano, which one is the best? (Good mixture of social life and quality of accommodation) Thanks.
Original post by johnmshamilton
Anyone at Glasgow uni staying in Buchanan View????

At unite? Yeah, I will it's like 20 min away from the uni with public transport, but I don't really mind lol
Original post by dancristiancecoi
Between Cairncross, Winton Drive, Student apartments and Murano, which one is the best? (Good mixture of social life and quality of accommodation) Thanks.

A student at Glasgow uni said not to live in Murano, because "it's a party sh*thole". I guess there's a lot of partying, there. I think as long as you participate in a lot of clubs and stuff you wont miss out. Also, wherever you end up staying guarantees you'll be stuck with first years anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much about social life...
Original post by jasmineyule
don't think offers come out until mid April
Really, how do you know? Tried finding this information, no luck.
Original post by Reformed2010
Really, how do you know? Tried finding this information, no luck.

It says it on the uni website ImageUploadedByStudent Room1429111458.931421.jpg

http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/accommodation/howtoapplyforaccommodation/applicationprocessfaqs/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by majatheaztec
A student at Glasgow uni said not to live in Murano, because "it's a party sh*thole". I guess there's a lot of partying, there. I think as long as you participate in a lot of clubs and stuff you wont miss out. Also, wherever you end up staying guarantees you'll be stuck with first years anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much about social life...

what about cairncross, student apartments and winton drive?
Original post by dancristiancecoi
what about cairncross, student apartments and winton drive?

I guess they should be fine, though she recommended QM
QM is too expensive for me. I was wondering which ones are the best from the cheaper ones (cairncross, student ap. winton dv)
At unite? Yeah, I will it's like 20 min away from the uni with public transport, but I don't really mind lol

yeah I think I'm going to cycle lol, have you booked yet? I've put my deposit in, I'm meant to be on the second floor
yeah I think I'm going to cycle lol, have you booked yet? I've put my deposit in, I'm meant to be on the second floor

Ohhhh Strathclyde is waay closer to Buchanan View than University of Glasgow haha I've also already submitted the initial deposit, and I guess I'm on the second floor since my flat is 200 something...
When do we usually get our Student loans from SAAS? Because I wont be able to pay fo´r my advance accommodation payment until I have my Student loan, will this be in any way doable?

Thanks!
September is first payment if I remember correctly
Ohhhh Strathclyde is waay closer to Buchanan View than University of Glasgow haha I've also already submitted the initial deposit, and I guess I'm on the second floor since my flat is 200 something...

I know, but it's still only a couple of miles to the west end, hopefully the cycle will keep me fit lol, and I'm in block 33 flat 201 D, what are you studying? :smile:
I know, but it's still only a couple of miles to the west end, hopefully the cycle will keep me fit lol, and I'm in block 33 flat 201 D, what are you studying? :smile:

I will be studying Marine & Freshwater Biology haha you?
I will be studying Marine & Freshwater Biology haha you?

Aww cool, I'm going to do biomedical engineering :smile:
hey im starting philosophy and economics this year at glasgow and am between murano and student apartments. murano is really sociable (which i want), but student apartments is close to the uni which is very useful as im going to be working as well and am worried about losing time if i live somewhere like murano. how hard IS it to commute when you live in murano??? and how sociable are the student apartments???? thx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending