The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham accomodation... Mason?

I'm planning to go to UoB in September 2015 and I've applied for my accommodation and I've put Mason first, Tennis Courts and Maple Bank (in that order)

But I've started hearing loads of bad things about Mason in regards to it's not fun or all the posh/rich people stay there

To clarify I'm not posh or rich, just have parents who have been saving for 20 odd years to help their children out at university, meaning I can afford to stay at Mason

So cost aside, is Mason really that bad a place to stay in? Is it boring? Or is this just the rep attached to it because of the cost of the halls

Also I have heard some stuff about the en suite being more of a wet room meaning it floods everywhere... Basically any info on what Mason is really like perhaps in comparison to the others would be really helpful!

*I will be self catered so not interested in catered accommodation

Thanks!
Anyone interested in looking for shared house accommodation cheaper than halls.
Me and my room-mate are both girls 20 and study adult nursing at BCU we will be going into our second year in sept 2015 and are looking for 2-3 other people to share a house with.
Don't mind staying with the UOB students in the selly oak area.
Email me if your interested in looking with us [email protected]
3 of my friends are off to Brum in September and i cant tell you anything about the other people who'll be applying there but these guys are posh or rich, in fact all three of them are only able to afford the accommodation due to the bursaries their receiving because of various circumstances. Everyone will be different! Try not to worry about the people, i'm sure theyll be great :smile:
On the other hand, i cant tell you anything about the rooms themselves, sorry!
Original post by FuzzingSas
3 of my friends are off to Brum in September and i cant tell you anything about the other people who'll be applying there but these guys are posh or rich, in fact all three of them are only able to afford the accommodation due to the bursaries their receiving because of various circumstances. Everyone will be different! Try not to worry about the people, i'm sure theyll be great :smile:
On the other hand, i cant tell you anything about the rooms themselves, sorry!

That's also very similar to my situation - it is good to know that there will be people there for similar reasons as me! Thanks very much
Reply 4
Hey! How did you find staying at Mason? Just received an offer and can't decide between putting Mason or Chamberlain as first choice :smile:
I lived in Mason 27 years ago and I was from a single parent, working class, northern family. I honestly never felt excluded or less than anyone else in there and while people did find my accent endearing , I was able to be who I am and maintain my individuality x it’s a fab hall and you’ll love it x

Quick Reply

Latest