The Student Room Group

Mature Students (21+) Chat

Scroll to see replies

I am already at university of Bedfordshire , studying social studies, in my first year and I am 22. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be 28 when I start my Journalism and Media degree at Birkbeck in September. Looks like I lose.
I am 45, I would like to go to Keele University (unconditional offer). I have offers from Staffordshire university (unconditional offer) and I have an interview at MMU Crewe tomorrow! :-)
55 and half way through 1st year of PhD following an LLB. Be warned - once you start this academia thing in your 50's you can't stop ! It beats working for a living !
Just got the go ahead for a foundation degree in criminology at Durham starting in October. 29. Midlife crisis came early
Already seen younger than me but I'll be starting UCL to study Economics with a year abroad (most likely in the U.S.) around my 22nd Birthday in September :smile:
Reply 1226
38 yrs , accounting and finance at the university of Kent
50 next month, Sociology and Social Policy at Leeds
49, going to Edinburgh in September for Philosophy MSc (postgrad). Loved the comment earlier about dressing like a scruffy student to look younger but would worry about looking more like a bag lady :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all, I'm new to tsr and I'm going to be starting an access course this September after more than a decade away from education. I cant wait to get started, I'll be 33 when I start uni so I'm definitely going to be one of the older ones.
Original post by Born2Nap
Hi all, I'm new to tsr and I'm going to be starting an access course this September after more than a decade away from education. I cant wait to get started, I'll be 33 when I start uni so I'm definitely going to be one of the older ones.

Hi Born2Nap. I'm starting an Access course in September too and am 38. :smile:
Original post by paulusbrewer
Hello,

My name is Paul, 39 years old and currently living in Kent. After over 20 years of suffering with agoraphobia, I'm retaking GCSE maths and also taking level 2 maths, as a back up, so I can go and take the offer to study BA/BSc Social Work at either Uni of Leeds or Northumbria Uni.

Hi Paul. Snap - am taking my Maths GCSE too (I'm 38) Absolutely dreading the exams! I'm starting Art & Design Access in September.
No where near the oldest or youngest, but those of you who are older than me (I'm 37) are making me feel a great deal better about going to Uni. I'm headed to Strathclyde in September to read Politics.
Original post by Cambop
Hi Paul. Snap - am taking my Maths GCSE too (I'm 38) Absolutely dreading the exams! I'm starting Art & Design Access in September.

I'm dreading it too
Original post by Broscientist
22. Computer Science at University of Nottingham.

Good choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
26, university of Edinburgh, studying ma music as of sept 2015! Definitely not the youngest nor the eldest but it's good to see a mix of ages :smile:
I'll be 23 , Computer Science. When I am in University (hopefully).
Actually struggling to find a University that will unconditionally offer me a space (from calling them), although my achieved quals equate to 360 UCAS
No one over pension age yet? I'm disappointed.
Hello,

My name is Ruth, I'm 23 and I'm looking to take the plunge and go to university this September to study Korean.
I'm really nervous already!!!
24 here (so no chance of 'winning' youngest or oldest!)

I'm off to GCU to study Social Sciences (Offer received) or Law (still waiting to hear back, eek!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending