The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Roehampton PGCE Primary 2015 - 2016

:smile: hi all just wondering who is doing the pgce at Roehampton university primary 2015-2016.

Be good to keep up to date with what everyone is doing... Anyone heard anything about prep for next year?

K x
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi K :-) I'm also going ot be on the course. Have you received the emails during the past week? I'm looking foward to reading some children's literature over the summer!

Will you be living in postgrad halls?
Reply 3
Hi, Yep can't wait to find out about placements!! I'm going to order some books for the summer too!

No I'm commuting only an hour out... You?
I am in the middle of applying. I know it's very late but they are still bringing people on to the course! Wasd the interview day really hard? It makes me nervous. I applied at Wimchester in 2013 but then decided I wasn't quite ready to do it and then fell into a Television career! I know i'm ready now but just nervous about impressing them on the interview...

Thanks and well dont for already getting on the course!
Reply 5
Hi everyone! I have created a group for UoR PGCE Primary students on Facebook. Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1654682038079800/

For your information, I'm not related to Nigel Farage, nor am I a supporter of UKIP! My Facebook page was changed during the election period. So, I can't change my surname until next month ...

It will be nice to talk to you all on there :-)
Reply 6
Hi all,

I'm starting the PGCE primary in September too!

I've been reading children's books for the past couple of months. I love it. Can anybody recommend any books that boys have enjoyed? I know Horrid Henry, Captain Underpants, Mr Gum and books by David Walliams have been popular in the past. But does anybody have any suggestions? I spend a lot of time in bookshops, but my eye is always drawn to the classics and books that seem to be more aimed at girls. I've been reading books by David Almond and Patrick Ness.

Also, has anybody been doing any preparation for the PGCE? I've bought a few reference books, but I wondered if anybody had found anything particularly useful. Roehampton recommend plenty of text books but I'm not sure which ones I should defintiely buy. I've completed the English Subject Knowledge Audit and want to start on the Maths.

Thanks and see you all in September. :-)
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending