The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tomtjl
Which episode was it this week? 2 or 3?

The High Sparrow was the name of the episode.
I loved Tyrion's scene with him..

[video="youtube;z0VXYz7cjGE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0VXYz7cjGE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Original post by Danny McCoyne
Margaery has really stepped up her game in this week's episode I loved how she put Cersei in her place and made her feel old and used up. Hear, hear for Queen Margaery.

Best episode in a while for me. And I don't think it's a coincidence that there was no Danny segment. She really slows the show's flow. The idea of the Dragon Queen is fine but she pales in comparison to what she symbolises.

Ps. That prostitute in the Daenerys outfit really ruined the immersion of the show for me. :frown:

It's because she farts around instead of invading.
Original post by tomtjl
Which episode was it this week? 2 or 3?

The High Sparrow was the name of the episode.
The High Sparrows are basically Anabaptists?

This can only end well :innocent:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
The High Sparrows are basically Anabaptists?

Interesting that you bring this up because the way this story was done in the books is that Cersei raises the high-sparrow to the position of the high-septon if he declares Tommen the one-true king so he blackmails her.

But no they're not anabaptists they are terrorists.
Interesting that you bring this up because the way this story was done in the books is that Cersei raises the high-sparrow to the position of the high-septon if he declares Tommen the one-true king so he blackmails her.

But no they're not anabaptists they are terrorists.

Spoiler tags for non book readers !

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Spoiler tags for non book readers !

How?

edit: is this even a spoiler? it was done on the show in this week's episode. Surely anyone who comes into a thread like this should at least have bothered to watch this week's ep
How?

edit: is this even a spoiler? it was done on the show in this week's episode. Surely anyone who comes into a thread like this should at least have bothered to watch this week's ep

Oh right lol. In that case it is fine. :tongue: I must not have been paying attention.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Oh right lol. In that case it is fine. :tongue: I must not have been paying attention.

Unrelated but who was the person lying behind Qyburn with the bed sheet on top and they even jerked their legs. Respond pls :smile:
Unrelated but who was the person lying behind Qyburn with the bed sheet on top and they even jerked their legs. Respond pls :smile:

The Mountain, the giant guy who the that Dornish guy poisoned in the fight for Tyrions life.

Qyburn is doing a Frankenstein's monster I think.

Everything from game of thrones comes from either history or literature :tongue:
Reply 6910
Original post by holmes221
Brienne of Tarth an annoying character. Anyone else agree?

Agreed, it annoys me how much time they're giving to her character's plotline considering all they've cut from the books, though I assume she will play an important role in the overall story at some point.

But as a book reader, this episode did get me excited with the big moments from the books, i.e. Janos Slynt getting his head chopped off and Jorah kidnapping Tyrion, both of which I thought were done well. I particularly liked how we were shown the Lord of Light worshipping and the slaves calling for Daenerys to come and liberate them in Volantis and a Tyrion line straight out (pretty much) of the books:

Guy: It's good luck to rub the head of a dwarf
Tyrion: It's even better luck to suck a dwarf's c***

:lol:

Interesting to see where Sansa's story goes now that she's in Winterfell which obviously doesn't happen in the books, I certainly fear for the character though after everything she's been through and Ramsey saying he will never hurt her was worryingly ominous. What's LF going to do now though?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Olie
Agreed, it annoys me how much time they're giving to her character's plotline considering all they've cut from the books, though I assume she will play an important role in the overall story at some point.

But as a book reader, this episode did get me excited with the big moments from the books, i.e. Janos Slynt getting his head chopped off and Jorah kidnapping Tyrion, both of which I thought were done well. I particularly liked how we were shown the Lord of Light worshipping and the slaves calling for Daenerys to come and liberate them in Volantis and a Tyrion line straight out (pretty much) of the books:

Interesting to see where Sansa's story goes now that she's in Winterfell which obviously doesn't happen in the books, I certainly fear for the character though after everything she's been through and Ramsey saying he will never hurt her was worryingly ominous. What's LF going to do now though?

I've always liked Brienne - both in the books and in the show. I got awfully bored with her strolling about looking for Sansa after 3-4 chapters of it, but I liked the overall plot. They seem to be doing similar with her in the show: except in this turnaround she actually finds Sansa and is protecting her from afar.

My prediction is that Sansa will replace the role of Jeyne Poole (and the exact same stuff will happen to her as in the books - spoilers!) and then Stannis will march on Winterfell, kick some Bolton ass, and Sansa will claim the position as Warden of the North under the One True King of the Seven Kingdoms. Littlefinger will use his position with Sansa to influence power in the North. Badabing, badaboom: he now has the North and the Vale under his little finger. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olie

Quite a swift and brutal execution
Did anyone else feel that the lady worshipping the lord of light was Tysha? I mean that moment when she looked at Tyrion for a split second...
Original post by muf_mur
Did anyone else feel that the lady worshipping the lord of light was Tysha? I mean that moment when she looked at Tyrion for a split second...

Tysha deosn't exist in the TV show since the show in inferior :huff:
I don't want to seem like a book snob, but I've really begun to hate this show
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I've always liked Brienne - both in the books and in the show. I got awfully bored with her strolling about looking for Sansa after 3-4 chapters of it, but I liked the overall plot. They seem to be doing similar with her in the show: except in this turnaround she actually finds Sansa and is protecting her from afar.

My prediction is that Sansa will replace the role of Jeyne Poole (and the exact same stuff will happen to her as in the books - spoilers!) and then Stannis will march on Winterfell, kick some Bolton ass, and Sansa will claim the position as Warden of the North under the One True King of the Seven Kingdoms. Littlefinger will use his position with Sansa to influence power in the North. Badabing, badaboom: he now has the North and the Vale under his little finger. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does your prediction also include a Sansa and Snow reunion? I need someone to agree with me on this one since it never happened in the book :frown:. Or do you think it's gonna be something as Jon and Bran's moment, now I'd hate it if that happens xD
Original post by kablackspectrum
Does your prediction also include a Sansa and Snow reunion? I need someone to agree with me on this one since it never happened in the book :frown:. Or do you think it's gonna be something as Jon and Bran's moment, now I'd hate it if that happens xD

I doubt that Jon'll go to Winterfell with Stannis. Although it might happen, that's going into The Winds of Winter territory! :tongue:

I don't think Sansa/Jon will ever meet in the books, but they might in the show, though I doubt it. Definitely don't think Bran/Jon are going to meet unless Bran travels back towards the Wall.
Original post by PrinceOfOrange
I don't want to seem like a book snob, but I've really begun to hate this show

hear, hear.

Cersei's story line has been butchered. Where's Lady Merryweather? She was a boss. :P

Latest

Trending

Trending