At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

City Campus Accommodation 2015/16 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by matl
Does anyone know if its better to stay in private halls rather than the university ones?

Swings and roundabouts.
I personally prefer uni halls, less risk of ****ty landlords screwing you over. The rules are generally less flexible to compensate, though.
Private tends to be slightly cheaper (anecdotal evidence, don't know of this is universally true) but slightly less safe.

The main reason I prefer Uni halls is the atmosphere. There's just more people around and the sense of comradery feels stronger.
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Me I applied for en-suite a few weeks ago too
The funny thing with the private halls in wolves is that a lot are cheaper but most of them the contract is for a full year rather than 37 weeks or something so you actually end up paying more when your in private :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Private halls aka Victoria Hall is £85 for standard and £92.50 for deluxe. Yes its paid in 3 installments and the uni halls may seem cheaper & easier to meet people, but victoria halls is nicer in terms of living standards.
The difference: deluxe is a bigger bed with more room. That's about it.
I'm in standard and my bed is bigger than at home, I have tons of room for my clothes, an en-suite, the kitchen is massive, we have a TV (unlike randall lines at the uni) and fire alarms only go off on your corridor, not the whole block (randall lines has many evacuations during freshers, i know, i stayed there 1st year!) Free wifi too & mini fridges are allowed here (unlike uni halls).
Anyways, it's totally up to you what halls you go for.
Victoria Hall is 10 mins walk to the uni, compared to north road which is 15 (depends how fast you walk).

Any questions, feel free to ask :smile:

Adam.
Me, I've accepted my offer for city campus accomodation
Reply 65
I'm about to accept my accomodation offer for city ensuite but just a question, do we pay the pre-payment of £300 now or after results?
You pay it within 5 days of your offer or you lose your offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by CheesusCrust
Philosophy and Religious Studies :smile:

im gonna be doing religious studies and education studies so maybe ill be in some of your lectures/classes things.
x)
Original post by DominicRCWC
im gonna be doing religious studies and education studies so maybe ill be in some of your lectures/classes things.
x)

I'm almost done with my first year, so I doubt it haha. Besides, I might be going onto a different course and start from the first year again..
Reply 69
Original post by CheesusCrust
I'm almost done with my first year, so I doubt it haha. Besides, I might be going onto a different course and start from the first year again..

is it not good?;S
They might have just changed their mind rather than it not being good (not on that course so dont know for sure but it's still only one persons opinion)
Original post by DominicRCWC
is it not good?;S

It's great, and I enjoy it very much, but I decided it's not for me. I don't see myself doing anything related to religious studies and/or philosophy in the future, and I would much rather do creative and professional writing. It's only in the last few months I developed a passion for writing, and that's what I want to do. The course is also fantastic in my opinion, and to be honest, I'd rather spend the next 3 years doing it than 2 years doing RS + philosophy.
I'm definitely transferring if I can. I should finish the first year with a first, even though I should have put in a lot more effort... But the first year doesn't contribute towards the final grade (only 2nd and 3rd year counts) so I took it easy because of that haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending