The Student Room Group

PGDE Business 2015 Scotland

Hi,

Is there anyone else out there waiting to hear back from a scottish uni for Pgde Business. I had an interview back in December at Strathclyde but still haven't heard back and I have an interview at Aberdeen on Monday. And I was unsuccessful at Glasgow I didn't even get an interview. Has anyone else heard back from anywhere? :smile:
Hi Mandy

Yes, I'm the same as you. Had an interview for Strathclyde in December and haven't heard back from them yet. Didn't even get an interview for Glasgow and didn't apply to Aberdeen. Really hope to hear from Strathclyde soon though!

Louise
Reply 2
Hi Louise,

I'm glad I am not the only one who has been waiting since December. I wish they would hurry up. I don't think many people have had an interview at Glasgow. I had my Aberdeen interview a week ago but I haven't heard back yet.

I will let you know when I hear from Strathclyde, hopefully they don't keep us waiting much longer.
Reply 3
Hi Ladies

I had an interview for Strathclyde on 17th December - I was the one hobbling on crutches at the time so if you were in it you'll remember me. Business Ed of course otherwise this is irrelevant.

I also had an interview at Glasgow on 9th January.

Anyway, you may not want to read it but I seem to have heard slightly quicker.

Glasgow returned their verdict on 12th February which was an unconditional.
Strathclyde returned their verdict on 20th February after 9 weeks which was an unconditional.

I have a theory on how results are issued, which I know from those who have been through it before, and a person in the know in the family, that people are split into groups of preference for the course. The first results seem to be issued to those they really want, then there are reserve lists.

Others I know are also in my position that I met on the interviews with two unconditional offers to choose from.

So naturally, I like everyone in that position will reject one, say Strathclyde, in favour of Glasgow, as both Universities have offered me a place if I choose to accept it.

Therefore what that does is creates a "spare" place and whoever is next on their second list gets offered it.

But I knew my Strathclyde offer a week before someone else who was interviewed at Strathclyde in the morning, I was in the afternoon. It's not done in sequence of interview or anything like it.

The Universities want to fill their courses at the end of the day and I know at least two PGDE Business places for Strathclyde will be being rejected in favour of Glasgow, and although I haven't rejected mine, I lean toward Glasgow so that makes three.

However, with the UCAS system, those like me who are sitting with two unconditional offers, have the privilege of holding out on committing their acceptance to one University over another until the 7th of May. Nobody would do that I don't think, but it's the candidates decision if they do. The problem with unconditional offers is once they are offered and the terms are set over timescale of returning your acceptance, the Universities cannot withdraw an unconditional offer.

Somehow, I hope this helps but I have a lot of knowledge about it, so if there's anything I've missed....

DB
Reply 4
Hi DB,

Congratulations on your unconditional offers!

I am currently studying my Higher English at night classes so I can only expect to be offered conditional places.

But I found out today Aberdeen have offered me a conditional place, I am still hoping for Strathclyde but i am relieved to know that i have an offer at Aberdeen if Strathclyde doesn't work out.

Amanda.
Reply 5
Will be a big relief.
To update I accepted Glasgow's unconditional and rejected Strathclydes.
This means my place at Strathclyde will now be up for grabs.
Good Luck.
Well done to you both on your offers! I meant to post earlier but I heard back from Strathclyde on 24th Feb and have an unconditional offer which I have accepted. Hope you hear back from Strathclyde soon Amanda unless you have already!

Maybe see you in August!

Thanks
Louise
Reply 7
Hi there,

I received a conditional from Glasiw which I have accepted! Hope you hear back soon!
Reply 8
See you there !
Hello :-)
I'm glad that you all got places! I applied to Strathclyde in December, and have still to hear back as to whether or not I've even got an interview! It's very frustrating- I must have called them up 5 times since February. About a month ago I got an email asking me to confirm my maths qualification, and now nothing! They're leaving it a little bit late considering the course starts in August, and I really need to plan my life!
Any suggestions? Do you know of anyone else in a similar position?
Thanks
Maddy
Reply 10
Interviews are long since finished for the course as Strathclyde have returned all their decisions and the deadline for acceptance of offers is the end of May.

I can say pretty unfortunately for you that you won't be getting interviewed with a view to starting the course in August if that's your position now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending