The Student Room Group

Russians

Scroll to see replies

A Russian Londoner here :biggrin:
Reply 981
Hi again from St-Petes/London.

Does anyone ever get the feeling that it feels much colder in London at 0 degrees than in Russia at -10?... :redface:
Original post by lantan
Hi again from St-Petes/London.

Does anyone ever get the feeling that it feels much colder in London at 0 degrees than in Russia at -10?... :redface:

I do....T_T

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 983

I honestly want winter to end!
Original post by lantan
I honestly want winter to end!

Same! This weather is making me feel so melancholy :/ we want sunshine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Вообще идентификация по национальности как то очень замкнутая точка зрений, да и много хреново в жизни приносит.

Я рад, что в мире и особенно в Англии, существует космополитический идеи, где мы можем быть то Русские то Арабы, но быть приняты за нашы способия а не родьбу.

Так что, в РусСок записаться а не собираюсь )
Original post by ZSuperSaiyan
Вообще идентификация по национальности как то очень замкнутая точка зрений, да и много хреново в жизни приносит.

Я рад, что в мире и особенно в Англии, существует космополитический идеи, где мы можем быть то Русские то Арабы, но быть приняты за нашы способия а не родьбу.

Так что, в РусСок записаться а не собираюсь )

Стереотипы конечно все равно тут есть...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Стереотипы есть везде, а сколько у нас в России их об иностранцах? Не устаю говорить людям, что свинья человек или нет - это не от национальности зависит, а от воспитания и характера. Сколько раз попадались в одном обществе совершенно разные люди.
Но прикол в том, что родину и национальность свою не переделаешь и не поменяешь. Поражают те, кто отказываются от своих корней или еще хуже, стыдятся, что они русские. Это комплексы всякие развивает
I don't have any Russian blood in me, but I feel like I'm the only one who finds the female Russian accent attractive.
Original post by YulianaRus
Стереотипы есть везде, а сколько у нас в России их об иностранцах? Не устаю говорить людям, что свинья человек или нет - это не от национальности зависит, а от воспитания и характера. Сколько раз попадались в одном обществе совершенно разные люди.
Но прикол в том, что родину и национальность свою не переделаешь и не поменяешь. Поражают те, кто отказываются от своих корней или еще хуже, стыдятся, что они русские. Это комплексы всякие развивает

Это правда! Честно говоря, даже мне чуть не стало стыдно, из-а всяких истории про Русских и как мы все хотим захватить мир и т.д. Война новостей! Ужас!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuclear Ghost
I don't have any Russian blood in me, but I feel like I'm the only one who finds the female Russian accent attractive.

Nope, which one anyways isn't there loads of dialects?
Original post by jakeel1

No, there are not many dialects, or at least they are not very distinguishable
I believe what was meant is russian accent while speaking english? I cannot see how it can be attractive, I hate my accent :biggrin:
Original post by jakeel1

No, there are not many dialects, or at least they are not very distinguishable
I believe what was meant is russian accent while speaking english? I cannot see how it can be attractive, I hate my accent :biggrin:

Precisely, it's the general English speaking voice I like. It has a deep, strong, enlivening tone to it.
Yuli, I know what you mean, since I've grown up around and got used to the various London accents which everyone seems to find attractive, but who knows, I might like yours! :wink:
Sorry for my ignorance, I'm not Russian but wanted to know is this type of behaviour and way of thinking actually what Russians are like, I always wanted to visit Russia, however after viewing 'Reggie Yates' Extreme Russia series on bbc and reading online about Russia, it seems like people are brain washed and are anti-colour and extremely violent with little morals when it comes to people who are different to them;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05r844j/reggie-yates-extreme-russia-1-far-right-proud

( I mean no offence to the good Russians )
(edited 8 years ago)
"Reggie Yates travels to Moscow to get close and personal with some of the country's far-right nationalists"
That would be an answer to your question. Those people can be found in any country if you are looking for them specifically.:wink:
Original post by Audiology-Med
Sorry for my ignorance, I'm not Russian but wanted to know is this type of behaviour and way of thinking actually what Russians are like, I always wanted to visit Russia, however after viewing 'Reggie Yates' Extreme Russia series on bbc and reading online about Russia, it seems like people are brain washed and are anti-colour and extremely violent with little morals when it comes to people who are different to them;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05r844j/reggie-yates-extreme-russia-1-far-right-proud

( I mean no offence to the good Russians )

This show infuriated me. Not just as a Russian, but how much of a propaganda it was in general. I can't believe the BBC showed that, to be honest. This show literally showed the smallest minority of people in the world, and exaggerated it to an extent that it makes it seem like everyone in Russia is like this. That is absolutely not the case. We Russians are normal people who are very politically aware and passionate, not radical. Minorities like that are present in every single country, anyway. They focus on Russia because they fear and therefore hate it. There is a saying my dad said to me; America (and the world) only love Russia when it's at its weakest.
In conclusion, that show is absolute and utter rubbish. I am a Russian who lives in London, and Russian people are just as friendly, cultured, moral and open-minded as anywhere else.
I apologise if I seemed to rant! I am just getting a little sick and tired of the bad rep Russia is getting.
Original post by TheArch
This show infuriated me. Not just as a Russian, but how much of a propaganda it was in general. I can't believe the BBC showed that, to be honest. This show literally showed the smallest minority of people in the world, and exaggerated it to an extent that it makes it seem like everyone in Russia is like this. That is absolutely not the case. We Russians are normal people who are very politically aware and passionate, not radical. Minorities like that are present in every single country, anyway. They focus on Russia because they fear and therefore hate it. There is a saying my dad said to me; America (and the world) only love Russia when it's at its weakest.
In conclusion, that show is absolute and utter rubbish. I am a Russian who lives in London, and Russian people are just as friendly, cultured, moral and open-minded as anywhere else.
I apologise if I seemed to rant! I am just getting a little sick and tired of the bad rep Russia is getting.

Wow, I`m happy I couldn`t watch the video. It says only available to play in the UK. :tongue: Which in itself speaks volumes. If the creators are afraid to show it to the world (well, I can not speak for the entire Earth population, but it is not available in Moscow), then they must be aware of how stupid it would seem to the people "in the know"

Anyway, I got the idea from the description. Don`t get offended though. Ridiculous stuff is everywhere, for we live in the century of globalization:biggrin:
Wow, I`m happy I couldn`t watch the video. It says only available to play in the UK. :tongue: Which in itself speaks volumes. If the creators are afraid to show it to the world (well, I can not speak for the entire Earth population, but it is not available in Moscow), then they must be aware of how stupid it would seem to the people "in the know"

Anyway, I got the idea from the description. Don`t get offended though. Ridiculous stuff is everywhere, for we live in the century of globalization:biggrin:

Yeah, it's a stupid show! I couldn't even watch the first 5 minutes. Yup, it's pretty clear what the BBC's intentions are here. Pretty cheap, to be honest.

Haha I'm fine now, don't worry! I know a few peeps who have watched it and gave me dirty looks in school! So silly of them xD
Мне не хвотает песен. Давай-ка каждый будет давать по песенке чтобы хвотало всем.

Вот эту где-то откопал: [video="youtube;BVWfqOSdzs4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVWfqOSdzs4[/video]

И по старше: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtxnTUyLMBs

English: GIVE SONGS
1000th post ✌️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending