The Student Room Group

Anyone apply to Study China - Summer 2015?

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone else applied to Study China programme for Summer 2015 entry? And if you did, what uni/course you do? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
yh applied in first wave how about you?
Reply 3
Original post by stsstaqtl
yh applied in first wave how about you?

I applied late April. Did you get given a conditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Still waiting what about you? And how do u plan on raising the money for flights to Fudan/ECNU ?
Happy ending massage time!!
Reply 6
Still waiting what about you? And how do u plan on raising the money for flights to Fudan/ECNU ?

They said I didn't get a conditional offer but they're asking the unis to offer more places and if they do then I'll have a place. If they don't I'll be put as a 'high priority' on the reserve list! Not sure, need to work that one out! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied on the 7th of May and got an email yesterday to say I have a reserve place but it won't let me sign in to accept my place or find out what place I am on the reserve list. Not hopeful :frown:
Reply 8
I know that reserves normally don't have a choice on which uni they go to as they are filling in for those who have already got the conditional but can't for some reason or another make the programme. Honestly, don't worry in the last programmes there were quite a few reserves who got in......
Reply 9
Original post by ninjalamb
I applied on the 7th of May and got an email yesterday to say I have a reserve place but it won't let me sign in to accept my place or find out what place I am on the reserve list. Not hopeful :frown:

In your email did they say that if they increase places you'll get a conditional offer too? Or that you were a 'high priority' reserve? Hope we can get on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know that reserves normally don't have a choice on which uni they go to as they are filling in for those who have already got the conditional but can't for some reason or another make the programme. Honestly, don't worry in the last programmes there were quite a few reserves who got in......

I think I would be more reassured if I just knew what rank I was on the reserve list but I can't sign it to see it! Right now I'm too excited to focus on my final assignments but I could be the very last one on the list and then I'm getting excited needlessly. :mad:

I emailed them and they said the IT team would have a look at the issue and get back to me. Judging by Twitter and Instagram posts they haven't really given out many places yet. Maybe they're waiting until all the applications are in.
Original post by MasonG
In your email did they say that if they increase places you'll get a conditional offer too? Or that you were a 'high priority' reserve? Hope we can get on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they didn't say anything like that which is slightly worrying!

"We are pleased to offer you a RESERVE place on the Study China programme, summer 2015.

The content of the linked document provides clear guidance on the actions you need to take immediately and the deadlines you need to adhere to in order to accept an offer of a RESERVE place."

What's weird is that my uni are having an information session about applying for the programme TODAY, yet apparently places are allocated on a rolling basis so the earlier you apply the better and offers are already going out :confused:
Reply 12
No they didn't say anything like that which is slightly worrying!

"We are pleased to offer you a RESERVE place on the Study China programme, summer 2015.

The content of the linked document provides clear guidance on the actions you need to take immediately and the deadlines you need to adhere to in order to accept an offer of a RESERVE place."

What's weird is that my uni are having an information session about applying for the programme TODAY, yet apparently places are allocated on a rolling basis so the earlier you apply the better and offers are already going out :confused:

I just PM'd you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MasonG
They said I didn't get a conditional offer but they're asking the unis to offer more places and if they do then I'll have a place. If they don't I'll be put as a 'high priority' on the reserve list! Not sure, need to work that one out! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got told exactly the same thing. I hate this waiting game.
Hi guys. Just a quick update with what's happening with me.

Since I couldn't log in to my account I emailed Study China and they replied that they had reset my account, so I could go ahead and sign in and upload my travel documents (apparently all people with a reserve place have to do this as a means of accepting their place)

So I signed in and uploaded my stuff but then it asked me to choose my university preferences...which I found a bit weird, considering people with a reserve place aren't meant to get a preference? I selected my preference anyway and then I get this message:

"Thank you for uploading passport details, student identification and university preferences.

We will now check provided details in order to confirm your eligibility for the programme, where by you will receive an offer of confirmed placement email detailing your allocated university and further instructions regarding flight and visa information.

Please do not book a flight/ apply for a visa/purchase travel insurance until you receive your offer of confirmed placement email from us."

Maybe I'm just being dense but that seems to be saying when I get my confirmed place email, not if. Also, when I signed in nowhere did it mention the fact that I only have a reserve place..... so am I in or am I out??? :confused:
Reply 15
Hi guys. Just a quick update with what's happening with me.

Since I couldn't log in to my account I emailed Study China and they replied that they had reset my account, so I could go ahead and sign in and upload my travel documents (apparently all people with a reserve place have to do this as a means of accepting their place)

So I signed in and uploaded my stuff but then it asked me to choose my university preferences...which I found a bit weird, considering people with a reserve place aren't meant to get a preference? I selected my preference anyway and then I get this message:

"Thank you for uploading passport details, student identification and university preferences.

We will now check provided details in order to confirm your eligibility for the programme, where by you will receive an offer of confirmed placement email detailing your allocated university and further instructions regarding flight and visa information.

Please do not book a flight/ apply for a visa/purchase travel insurance until you receive your offer of confirmed placement email from us."

Maybe I'm just being dense but that seems to be saying when I get my confirmed place email, not if. Also, when I signed in nowhere did it mention the fact that I only have a reserve place..... so am I in or am I out??? :confused:

I think wait until your confirmed a place but does seem strange! I'm really unsure what to do/whether to email them or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by JODIEV95
I got told exactly the same thing. I hate this waiting game.

You received any update yet? Or emailed them? Really don't know where we stand :/
'If we are able to secure additional places, we will be able to offer you a conditional place...' hmmm, looks like we got the same responses
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
'If we are able to secure additional places, we will be able to offer you a conditional place...' hmmm, looks like we got the same responses

Yeah I think we have the same email. I emailed them today and they said they're still waiting to hear back from the unis about additional places

Posted from TSR Mobile
Were you planning on going to Fudan or ECNU?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending