The Student Room Group

AQA AS German exam 2015

Does anyone have any predictions of what you think the essay questions will be on the AQA AS German exam on Thursday 14th may 2015? Any help would be appriciated I'm getting stressed, thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I'm retaking this as I completely blanked out on the essay question last year. I got my paper back and the most important thing is structure. A clear introduction and conclusion with paragraphing. Each paragraph has a clear point, explanation and evidence or opinion. Also make sure you answer the question! Even if you do all that and your sentence structures and grammar is poor, you will still get 20 marks. My grammar, vocab and sentence structure was perfect last year, but because I didn't answer the second part of the question, I only got a band three content mark (structure). That meant that I couldn't get more than 3/5 for the other sections. I can't stress it enough, just make sure it is clear!
Reply 2
Original post by ES123456
Hey, I'm retaking this as I completely blanked out on the essay question last year. I got my paper back and the most important thing is structure. A clear introduction and conclusion with paragraphing. Each paragraph has a clear point, explanation and evidence or opinion. Also make sure you answer the question! Even if you do all that and your sentence structures and grammar is poor, you will still get 20 marks. My grammar, vocab and sentence structure was perfect last year, but because I didn't answer the second part of the question, I only got a band three content mark (structure). That meant that I couldn't get more than 3/5 for the other sections. I can't stress it enough, just make sure it is clear!

Okay thanks! I'll remember that ☺️
Reply 3
How did everyone find the exam?
Original post by Isabel29
How did everyone find the exam?

Not too bad, good essay as well. How about you?
Reply 5
Original post by midgemeister7
Not too bad, good essay as well. How about you?

Yeh I thought the essay was quite good, did you do the werbung one? I wasn't so keen on some of the reading or grammar though, especially the verb gap fill 😕
Yeh I thought the essay was quite good, did you do the werbung one? I wasn't so keen on some of the reading or grammar though, especially the verb gap fill

Yeah I did that one as well. Listening was very easy to just write down exactly what they said for the last q, I found. Went back and changed 2 grammar qs in the last minute, got them both wrong! Oh well
This exam felt quite tricky and I was not so sure on the grammar nor the reading. Writing was definitely good - even if you didn't prepare them, there was lots to talk about. Do you guys remember any answers to the questions ?
Original post by Yannisali1
This exam felt quite tricky and I was not so sure on the grammar nor the reading. Writing was definitely good - even if you didn't prepare them, there was lots to talk about. Do you guys remember any answers to the questions ?

Not really no, I remember 2 age groups were under 30s and over 55s I think? Also that more than 50% of people in Berlin are single I put
Reply 9
Yes I put that, can anyone remember what they put for the grammar? Or the true, false, not given?
Yes I put that, can anyone remember what they put for the grammar? Or the true, false, not given?

Can't remember no. Think I put T,F,T,T,T,F,T for the true/false (R/F whatever)
I said 50% of people live alone in Berlin and that the percentage will increase, omg i dont feel like my answers were right, and for the reading part about tourism, I think holiday in Denmark (or whatever that place was) was definetly not an expensive option because going to egypt for a week was £350 so for two weeks it'd be £700 while Denmark - for two weeks it was £600.
What does anyone think about the grade boundaries? higher or lower than last years?
I said 50% of people live alone in Berlin and that the percentage will increase, omg i dont feel like my answers were right, and for the reading part about tourism, I think holiday in Denmark (or whatever that place was) was definetly not an expensive option because going to egypt for a week was £350 so for two weeks it'd be £700 while Denmark - for two weeks it was £600.

It was Dominican Republic - and I think the point wasn't doing the maths, but the fact that you needed to tick things that agreed with the message of the text. I also didn't put that, but because I realised the point wasn't that it was £700, but that it was explaining holidays nowadays are very cheap compared to before.
did anyone say that buying local produce ( the last statement) was true?
Original post by 20Emily1998

Yeah. Also that the company thing sponsors project and that Umweltschutz is recommended on holiday.
Original post by 20Emily1998

Deffo because they said they like things fresh or organic or something and fresh milk from Denmark something like that. It could be wrong I don't know the paper was so vague i was laughing, previous papers were so much more simpler.
Deffo because they said they like things fresh or organic or something and fresh milk from Denmark something like that. It could be wrong I don't know the paper was so vague i was laughing, previous papers were so much more simpler.

I know! I'm hoping for a low grade boundary for an A :s-smilie:
How did everyone find the music filling in the verb reading question 2, I found it really hard!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by midgemeister7
Yeah. Also that the company thing sponsors project and that Umweltschutz is recommended on holiday.

Yeah && also how eko travel thingy was an option where people pay and it goes towards Umwelt thingy for other countries that need it or something along the line. One of the statements said that the 'ekotravel' thingy was an alternate to flights but the writing said that many plane travelers pay for 'eko travel thing' for a good cause.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending