The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Right so I got the job at tesco working on the shopfloor, what is the pay rate like? Also I have my induction thursday and they didn't say what to wear or what it would involve.
Original post by Tedster
Right so I got the job at tesco working on the shopfloor, what is the pay rate like? Also I have my induction thursday and they didn't say what to wear or what it would involve.

I get £7.09 and I'm a general assistant and as far as I'm aware all general assistants get that much, then obviously the managers get more. For my induction we just wore smart-casual clothes, just look the part so they know they did a good job employing the right people. My induction lasted 5-6 hours and we had to watch multiple videos on everything about tescos and the essential info you need to know, then we went through some questions as a table and finally did some rumbling (making the shop floor look nice).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tedster

I'm currently on £7.39 an hour and £11.09 on a Sunday or Bank Holiday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarahtrett
I had an interview for personal shopper last week and the interviewer said I had her recommendation and just needed to wait on my NI forms to get back to her. Its been 6 days and i've not heard back, my sister says I should call and ask for any info but I'm not sure. Any advice or info I could get from anyone?

I had my interview 13 days ago now and im still waiting to hear Anything back! 😩 my mother in law works there & said there waiting for all the compliance details to come back. Meant to take 10days but can take longer i was told. I hope i hear really soon 😊
Original post by johnmuir
I'm currently on £7.39 an hour and £11.09 on a Sunday or Bank Holiday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I was told too.

Have induction on 27th, not sure what to wear even it's all day long lol
I had an interview the other day and I got rejection emails so I was a bit disheartened but then I got a phone call yesterday saying I got the job! Got my induction on Saturday which will be good!
Reply 1406
Yay I also got the Tesco job with induction on Saturday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ja1
Yay I also got the Tesco job with induction on Saturday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which tesco?
Reply 1408
Original post by SweetNothing
Which tesco?

South Manchester area, don't wanna specify 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ja1
South Manchester area, don't wanna specify 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thought it could be the same one as me considering we both have inductions on saturday haha
Quick question as it wasn't covered during the induction, How long must a break be till your longer paid for it and how long a break would I get for a 9 hour shift?
Original post by Tedster
Quick question as it wasn't covered during the induction, How long must a break be till your longer paid for it and how long a break would I get for a 9 hour shift?

Breaks are unpaid. And 1 hour 30 mins break for a 9 hour shift I believe so you get paid 7 hours 30 mins for a 9 hour shift.
Original post by iJames55
Breaks are unpaid. And 1 hour 30 mins break for a 9 hour shift I believe so you get paid 7 hours 30 mins for a 9 hour shift.

Okay, also when do I get a uniform as I didn't get one as well today?
I've been working at Tesco part time for nearly 6 months now on checkouts and sometimes stock control as overtime.
If anyone has any questions, I'll try and give the best answer I can.
Original post by Tedster
Okay, also when do I get a uniform as I didn't get one as well today?

On your induction or over the phone your boss will sort it out soon after you arrive (or you can order uniform online now) but for the first couple of week just dress in smart trousers and a white or blue shirt.
I have induction tomorrow, what should I wear? Black trousers and white shirt? I have no idea, stressing lol

How long it will last?
Original post by katrina89
I have induction tomorrow, what should I wear? Black trousers and white shirt? I have no idea, stressing lol

How long it will last?

Black trousers and white/blue shirt with black shoes.

My induction was a while ago but I remember it being a couple of hours (however this was at an express so it could be different at main stores)

Hope this helps.
Reply 1417
It takes 6 hours or at least mine did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks x
where can i find the pay dates for 2015? i know its on the our tesco website but i cant find it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending