If you have the pics of the questions, can't you upload them on here? :smile:
Original post by TJ24748
If you have the pics of the questions, can't you upload them on here? :smile:

Check the other Econ2 thread. I have posted a dropbox link to the papers photos
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 922
Original post by KnoVolt

Yeah thanks a lot for that! Are you sure they are all the right answers because I am pretty sure Q24 is wrong?
Original post by KnoVolt

Does anyone have the Econ 1 questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jennifer.tariah
surely if the trend growth increases that would decrease inflationary pressures as you are further away from maximum output?

Indeed. As I said, investment would be more likely than any other type of expenditure to increase the trend rate growth and cause difficulties for the aggregate demand (or current growth) to catch up to the trend growth, thus not allowing for a positive output gap (at least, not as fast as before) that would, in turn, cause demand-pull inflation. And so, less inflationary pressure on the economy.
Original post by TJ24748
Yeah thanks a lot for that! Are you sure they are all the right answers because I am pretty sure Q24 is wrong?

100% correct. And it was answer D "a reduction in welfare benefits". You can link supply side policies to incentive effects, and by lowering welfare benefits = more incentive to work.
Reply 926
Original post by KnoVolt
100% correct. And it was answer D "a reduction in welfare benefits". You can link supply side policies to incentive effects, and by lowering welfare benefits = more incentive to work.

Why is it not A? Subsidies are a form of suplly side policies.
Reply 927
This is the unit 1 paper ..... just thought to upload it since the exam is now done
Original post by 4amin
This is the unit 1 paper ..... just thought to upload it since the exam is now done

Thanks!
Original post by TJ24748
Hey guys.

If I wrote about living standards being raised as one of the main macroeconomics objectives in the context 2 essay, is that totally irrelvant?

Cheers

It's not really one of the main objectives but if you linked it to increased imports and the balance of payments deteriorating then perhaps.
Grade boundary predictions for unit 1?
Reply 931
Original post by Luis Suarez
It's not really one of the main objectives but if you linked it to increased imports and the balance of payments deteriorating then perhaps.

Ok thanks for the reply. So employment isn't a main macro objective either?
Original post by TJ24748
Ok thanks for the reply. So employment isn't a main macro objective either?

It is. The main macroeconomic objectives are:

Good GDP growth
Low unemployment
Low and stable inflation
A balance in the current account
A balance in the budget
Reply 933
Original post by Renzhi10122
It is. The main macroeconomic objectives are:

Good GDP growth
Low unemployment
Low and stable inflation
A balance in the current account
A balance in the budget

Aren't employment and living standards related or relevant to eachother then?
Original post by TJ24748

Hmm, perhaps, but I wouldn't say it was a macroeconomic objective (it isn't really economics). It's more of a government objective perhaps?
Reply 935
Original post by Renzhi10122
Hmm, perhaps, but I wouldn't say it was a macroeconomic objective (it isn't really economics). It's more of a government objective perhaps?

Yeahh I understand you now. Thanks!
Original post by TJ24748
Yeahh I understand you now. Thanks!

No problem. I'm not really that certain myself, but it's still a nice point to mention in an essay.
Original post by TJ24748
Why is it not A? Subsidies are a form of suplly side policies.

I would think of it this way, subsidising on essential goods won't increase LRAS, nor would it provide incentive effects. Whereas D does
Reply 938
Original post by KnoVolt
I would think of it this way, subsidising on essential goods won't increase LRAS, nor would it provide incentive effects. Whereas D does

This is bothering me. I can't remember what I put!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TJ24748

Other big ones to consider are fairer income distribution and probably environment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending