The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Anyone else still waiting for SOAS offers ?

Hi guys !!!
I applied for two BA programs at SOAS on January 14...and I am still waiting for offers ! I am really going crazy as SOAS would be my firm choice !!!! The 31st March has already passed so I wish to know if anyone else is in the same situation and if you honestly think this means I won't be accepted :C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Hi!!
I'm actually still waiting for a response from SOAS too! I don't think this means you're going to be rejected, I think it just means they're still considering your application. :smile:
Try not to worry about it too much! Hope this helped. :smile:
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
Yaaa at least I am not alone!!!! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too! I'm considering calling them as there have been some good experiences with such calls (cf. thread "SOAS applicants 2015 thread"). It doesn't hurt to ask after all.
Reply 4
Original post by saraxc38
Yaaa at least I am not alone!!!! Thanks :smile:Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha you're not! What degrees have you applied to?
Reply 5
BA South Asian and development studies and BA south Asian studies and IR ...
But yesterday they sent me an invitation for the offer older open day !!! So I guess/hope I am in even if UCAS doesn't display it yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Worse come to worse I will call yes :smile: you ? What have you applied to ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Oh that's great! BA English :smile: well, I hope it all turns out well for the both of you! Best of luck!
Reply 8
Thanks to you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Guyyyysss **** !! SOAS Wrote me that they sent me the invitation by mistake so they still haven't decide about me :frown: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hello,

My friend and I both struggled and waited for a while to hear back. I was applying for the ICC/IFCELS program and she was applying first year, I think contacting them would be best. As I was told that my application was not received so I took care of that and as for her, she called them to stay updated otherwise it would've been confusing. She recently got her offer though.

Good luck!
Hi! I applied for MSc Middle East Politics in April, and waiting for the decision..
My application status is ...

APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED
Submitted Date: 10/04/2015 10:47:00 GMT
WITH ACADEMIC REVIEW TEAM

They said it will take around 5 weeks, and next Friday would be the 5th week since I submitted the application.
Since my application was quite late, and my GPA is slightly below than their standard..
(FINGERS ALWAYS CROSSED... haha)

I am so nervous and desperate, even I dream about it every night...!!! lol.

Does anyone know the application process after Academic Review team?
And is there anyone still waiting for their offer? :smile:

Thanks
Reply 12
Original post by haniehpnotiq
Hi! I applied for MSc Middle East Politics in April, and waiting for the decision..
My application status is ...

APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED
Submitted Date: 10/04/2015 10:47:00 GMT
WITH ACADEMIC REVIEW TEAM

They said it will take around 5 weeks, and next Friday would be the 5th week since I submitted the application.
Since my application was quite late, and my GPA is slightly below than their standard..
(FINGERS ALWAYS CROSSED... haha)

I am so nervous and desperate, even I dream about it every night...!!! lol.

Does anyone know the application process after Academic Review team?
And is there anyone still waiting for their offer? :smile:

Thanks

I was notified of my acceptance into the MA Linguistics and Language program a few days after the status changed to "with academic review team." Hope you get good news soon :smile:
Original post by Ashso
I was notified of my acceptance into the MA Linguistics and Language program a few days after the status changed to "with academic review team." Hope you get good news soon :smile:

Thank you so much! Hope I can hear Good news from them soon..!! :smile:
Congratulations for your acceptance! :-)
Hi! I got a conditional offer from SOAS today!!!!! OMG!
Since I don't have IELTS score, I have to take a test...
But what I am worried now is, what if I can't fulfill their requirement... :s-smilie:
Would I be able to defer an year, for the reason?
Does anybody know about this?
Original post by haniehpnotiq
Hi! I got a conditional offer from SOAS today!!!!! OMG!
Since I don't have IELTS score, I have to take a test...
But what I am worried now is, what if I can't fulfill their requirement... :s-smilie:
Would I be able to defer an year, for the reason?
Does anybody know about this?

contact the admin
Reply 16
Hi,
I will be studying at Economics and Geography/IR SOAS from September, me and one other guy who starts at UCL at the same time are looking for 3 more people for a 5 bedroom house in Haringey Green Lanes. The house is 135-155pwpp (depending on room size) and includes all bills, a house phone, sky tv and a flatscreen in each room. There are three bathrooms, a garden, kitchen and a living room.
Please get back to me ASAP if you would rather be in a student house than halls, and we can arrange a viewing.
Josh
Hi!
I emailed the admission last week and then called a day later after getting the automated response email telling me there was a delay in replies owing to congestion, and when I got through it was too late and went to voicemail.
I left a message to be called back, but heard nothing, so called again a day later and was told my details had just been received and forwarded to 'someone relevant' to deal with and should hear from them in a few days.
I understand it has just been a long weekend and no doubt they have a huge backlog, but do you think it's worth calling them again today and trying to push to speak with someone directly? I only need a yes or no answer to my enquiry and wonder if it's worth waiting or if I should just call again and persist? What do you guys think?
x
Reply 18
Greetings All, My name is Lara from Mozambique. I have submited my aplication for the SOAS MSc Environment Politics and Development on the 18th of June and reveceid a confirmation email saying that a final decision is usually made within 5 weeks. Does anyone know if there is a chance of getting an offer by late July, considering I was a late aplier and the rype of program I chose? I ask this because I still have to apply for a scholarship/funding and I am worried I have little time left.Also, if I do get an offer, is it possible to "freeze" the offer for the next academic year? Anyone applying for Environment Politics and Development at SOAS? Any sugestions of funding, or overall process? What to expect?Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending