The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The 'I'm Coming to Exeter' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lledrith
You're right, it's unlikely bit figured I may as well. :smile:

Awesome! Are you a new student too, or already on the course?

Yes Im also a new student. So pretty nervous about the whole living away from home thing! But the fact accommodation and campus are close by should make settling in easy enough.#
Do you mind me asking your offer?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by plasmaman
Yes Im also a new student. So pretty nervous about the whole living away from home thing! But the fact accommodation and campus are close by should make settling in easy enough.#
Do you mind me asking your offer?

I'm a mature student finishing off an access to HE course. It just made sense at the time to set up at the halls for meeting new folk. :smile:

My offer was 60 credits, 45 at level 3, I think 21 at merit with 12 at pass. Managed a full run of distinctions and hoping that doesn't change with moderation.
Reply 1542
Is anyone going in for medicine or medical sciences?
I've gone for rowancroft court, st davids and lafrowda (standard room).
Original post by vnnn
I haven't applied to any yet, still trying to decide... ): any suggestions? Lol
Reply 1544
English Lit and Drama with a year abroad :h: #pray4grades
I'm coming to do geography! I've applied for the Lafrowda halls but I'm really nervous I'll have a hard time making friends because I'm not really so much of a party goer... I just like to chill out and talk about stuff for hours. Also I'll be far from home (Essex) and I worry about the strain university might put on the relationship between my boyfriend and I (he lives in the USA) but I guess all I can do is think optimistically!
Original post by georgiaholdaway
I'm coming to do geography! I've applied for the Lafrowda halls but I'm really nervous I'll have a hard time making friends because I'm not really so much of a party goer... I just like to chill out and talk about stuff for hours. Also I'll be far from home (Essex) and I worry about the strain university might put on the relationship between my boyfriend and I (he lives in the USA) but I guess all I can do is think optimistically!

A lot of us are like that, not everyone is a party animal :biggrin:
Original post by caobi
Is anyone going in for medicine or medical sciences?

Hey are you going to Exeter for medicine or medical science. I firmed Exeter for medical science, hopefully if my exams go well I'll be there in September.
(edited 8 years ago)
got accepted by less than a percentage! cant wait to start LLB and meet some new people!
Hi there! I'm going to study Drama with a year abroad, any other Drama llamas out there :wink:? I have a question however, what's the best deal for phones do you think? As I come from France I really don't want to be screwed over and well some friends of mine have suggested Giffgaff. Is it any good?
I don't know too much about what happens but should I be looking at freshers week stuff on Facebook or something or is that usually when you get there?

Also I don't need to take a printer to uni do I?
The most important information you will need for freshers week:

Monday - Arena
Tuesday - Arena
Wednesday - Timepiece
Thursday - Mosaic
Friday - Timepiece
Saturday - Lemmmmyyyyy

And for the love of god doubt by tickets for things like "Thai moon party" that the rep's will try and shift on facebook etc.
Original post by The Monk

Also I don't need to take a printer to uni do I?

Nope!
Original post by georgiaholdaway

Hey, my boyfriend incidentally lives in the USA too (though he'd disagree as he's actually Texan not American, or so he likes to say), so we're kinda in the same boat haha. I'm just going to try making sure we've still got plenty of Skype time despite how busy uni will probably be. I'm doing history and put Lafrownda down as my first choice as well.
Reply 1554
Original post by Anademeter
Hey, my boyfriend incidentally lives in the USA too (though he'd disagree as he's actually Texan not American, or so he likes to say), so we're kinda in the same boat haha. I'm just going to try making sure we've still got plenty of Skype time despite how busy uni will probably be. I'm doing history and put Lafrownda down as my first choice as well.

I'm doing History too with Lafrowda as my first choice :smile: my boyfriend isn't as far away as yours however, in England but will still be 4 and a half hours away from Exeter so long distance will be hard but worth it :smile: are you going straight History (v100)?
Original post by emilyak
I'm going to firm for llb law :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've firmed Law and European study for this year :smile: so excited, but nervous I've got A*AB instead of AAA!! how do you think you did?
Original post by lpben
Hi all, I have firmed for Law LLB - any other law students out there? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've firmed Exeter for Law and European study :smile: so nervous for results day though!
i've firmed LLB Law too :smile:
Hi everyone, I have just graduated from Exeter this year.

For anyone going to study law or planning a legal career in the future, I recently wrote a book about my experiences ranging from making the most out of university to planning your future legal career. Check it out!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B011MANY72?*Version*=1&*entries*=0
So then, where's the Physics lot? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending