The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Reading list ideas for History

I'm currently on a gap year but am starting at Edinburgh in September 2015, studying History. I wondered if anyone (maybe second years) had any ideas for a reading list or some material to have a look at which would be helpful/relevant to the course. I want to take the medieval history modules in particular.
I would email the university and ask, but I don't want the actual books for the course, rather reading material around it. Plus they've advised against starting with those until I get there and have actually finalised the timetable etc.
Any ideas would be really appreciated!
I don't know about history, but for my course (social anthropology) there's a student handbook on the school website with suggested summer reading in it. It's not updated and still for 2014-2015, but still would help. Check the website maybe? :chaplin:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I've currently just finished first year studying History and I'd say it's really not necessary to do any summer reading for any of your modules but maybe just take a look at the student handbook or something.
Original post by ladymarshmallow
I've currently just finished first year studying History and I'd say it's really not necessary to do any summer reading for any of your modules but maybe just take a look at the student handbook or something.

You need to clear out your mailbox...

Quick Reply

Latest