The Student Room Group

Call the the bar question

I've been told that wigs are not worn at the call to the bar ceremony and I'm disappointed! Is this a new thing? I'm sure I've seen photos of people wearing wigs! Does anyone know if they are worn for the official photographer? It's lincolns inn.
Reply 1
Original post by pupil2016
I've been told that wigs are not worn at the call to the bar ceremony and I'm disappointed! Is this a new thing? I'm sure I've seen photos of people wearing wigs! Does anyone know if they are worn for the official photographer? It's lincolns inn.

My call was last year and no we did not wear wigs during the ceremony; however we did wear them for the official photographer.
Reply 2
Original post by pupil2016

Lincoln's is no wigs during ceremony - it has been like this for a while. I believe that you can hire a wig for the photographer and will be sent details closer to the time.

Other Inns are different, e.g. Middle Temple wear wigs during ceremony. I think that the rule at Lincoln's is due to the sheer number of people being called (especially July Call)... Not enough wigs in the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending