The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

a few questions on course units

If any current (or past) students could answer that would be great :smile:

I've got an offer for Computer Science (its my insurance but want to be ready just in case I don't get my firm). I've looked at the unit catalogue online and was wondering a few things:

On the course the unit points total to 120 for the year, is that the maximum you can do?

Also I looked at the open units and was wondering if you can take not open units that you meet the pre-requisites for. Specifically would I be able to take one or two maths units as I will have met the pre-requisites and my course is maths related, even though they are not open?

Reply 1
anyone?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
You will only be able to take 120 course units per year - and you'll find that that's plenty of work to be going on with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by grant-m-s

On the course the unit points total to 120 for the year, is that the maximum you can do?

From: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/academic-quality/assessment/codeonline.html

"The normal requirement for each full-time year of undergraduate study is not less than 120 credit points and not more than 130. The University does not encourage students to take more than the required units for the programme. However, if a student chooses to do so they will be required to pay a fee for the additional units and neither the credit nor the marks accumulated will count towards their final award."
Reply 4
Original post by martin7
From: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/academic-quality/assessment/codeonline.html

"The normal requirement for each full-time year of undergraduate study is not less than 120 credit points and not more than 130. The University does not encourage students to take more than the required units for the programme. However, if a student chooses to do so they will be required to pay a fee for the additional units and neither the credit nor the marks accumulated will count towards their final award."

Ok Thanks :smile:
And if they are 'not open' that means they aren't being taught that year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending