The Student Room Group

season working abroad

I know its abit late and i probably should of thought about doing this sooner but ive recently decided that i want to work abroad either repping or working on a bar. I havent got much savings and i am hoping to go out and get a job straight away to start earning some pennies! Ive just left uni to go home for the summer and i really dont want to go back to working a boring job. im looking at maybe just going out for a month for the whole of august maybe. Has anyone had experince working abroad previously or is anyone going out to work abroad this year that would be able to give me some tips on where to go and what to do i have no idea. I know i could just book a holiday and try and find work but it would be better if i could go out knowing ive already got a job sorted! Any advice on this? Or anyone planning to do the same that may want to fly out and find a job with me 😊
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by lottieN
I know its abit late and i probably should of thought about doing this sooner but ive recently decided that i want to work abroad either repping or working on a bar. I havent got much savings and i am hoping to go out and get a job straight away to start earning some pennies! Ive just left uni to go home for the summer and i really dont want to go back to working a boring job. im looking at maybe just going out for a month for the whole of august maybe. Has anyone had experince working abroad previously or is anyone going out to work abroad this year that would be able to give me some tips on where to go and what to do i have no idea. I know i could just book a holiday and try and find work but it would be better if i could go out knowing ive already got a job sorted! Any advice on this? Or anyone planning to do the same that may want to fly out and find a job with me 😊

hi,

I am looking to do something very similar. I am looking to go abroad somewhere to travel and earn some money working too.

I am trying to do some work at home before I go away anywhere. Where were you thinking of going?
Reply 2
Original post by Ross63
hi,

I am looking to do something very similar. I am looking to go abroad somewhere to travel and earn some money working too.

I am trying to do some work at home before I go away anywhere. Where were you thinking of going?

Yeah thats what im planning on doing thinking of going in august time just not rwally sure which way to go about it?! I was going to go with a company where you pay for accommodation and the reps to advise you on ehat to do etc like playaway abroad think ones calle. Im not too fussed where i go really just aslong as i can get work out there. Was thinking places like kavos,zante, ayanapa or maguluf if its guaranteed to get me work. Where you thinking of going?
I was thinking the exact same thing! I went on holiday a few weeks ago and I really wanna go back abroad but this time for a month and to work. I can only do a month though because I'm starting university soon. Any advice anyone could give would be much appreciated!
Reply 4
Original post by Allfunbec
I was thinking the exact same thing! I went on holiday a few weeks ago and I really wanna go back abroad but this time for a month and to work. I can only do a month though because I'm starting university soon. Any advice anyone could give would be much appreciated!

I know i need some advice! Im only going in august for a month too because i go back to uniin september

Quick Reply

Latest