The Student Room Group

Share your beauty hacks

1. Shower in the morning before school no longer than 10 mins - it wakes you up as well as creating an instant refreshing glow to your face WONDERFUL!
aw come on guys - sum1 reply
on the topic of showering. When you're planning to shave, shave first, then use a scrub on your leg, and shave again. Your legs will be as smooth as a baby's bottom. Also, use conditioner instead of shaving cream!
Original post by Deagdavies
on the topic of showering. When you're planning to shave, shave first, then use a scrub on your leg, and shave again. Your legs will be as smooth as a baby's bottom. Also, use conditioner instead of shaving cream!

Definitely this, shaving cream is actually awful for your skin and very drying.

My tip, moisturise like your life depends on it. I moisturise several times daily without fail. Take care of your skin because you're not getting a new one.
On the topic of showering i would use Soap and Glory. I freaking love their products! They have a different range of products for different uses and they all smell amazing.
(I also love the make-up range they have as well.)
i would recommend this brand to everyone, i always buy their products because i think they are really good quality.
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
1. Shower in the morning before school no longer than 10 mins - it wakes you up as well as creating an instant refreshing glow to your face WONDERFUL!

Scrub your damn tongue... no point having a nice smile when your breath smells like a dead cat.
Reply 6
I just splash water on my face in the morning. I dont use facewash.
Scrub your lips once a week with cane sugar (you can also mix with honey to create more of a paste) then wash off and apply a good quality lip balm, not a cheap flavoured one.
This gives you super soft lips and gets rid of dead skin.
exfoliate your lips with your toothbrush.
use st ives face exfoliater, it's perf.
nose strips once in a while
put some face oil on your face some nights(not every night, maybe just once or twice a week) and it will feel beautiful in the morning.
Reply 9
oh really
Use a body brush once a day, and brush in long strokes up towards the heart: this evens out any cellulite and improves circulation in your body for smooth, glowing skin.

If you want to try liquid eyeliner, a good place to start would be using a felt-tip. They're great for beginners because they're easy to control and give a sharp, tidy line, unlike kohl. I've been wearing eyeliner for nearly two years though, and I still use L'Oreal Superliner Perfect Slim felt-tip!

If you're short on products and on the move, you can apply lipstick with a finger, and then use the residue on your finger as a blusher.

Pertaining to a skincare routine, there is something different for everyone, but I exfoliate my face three times a week. This gets rid of any dead skin cells on the surface of your face, and like the body brushing, improves your circulation, giving skin a nice glow. After exfoliating, splash face with cold water (this closes up your pores) and use a cleanser to get rid of any stray dirt - I use Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion. (I use this on its own if I don't exfoliate beforehand - it replaces a face wash for me). Then, moisturise your face - you should have a separate cream for day and night-time. A separate eye cream also won't go amiss, as the skin around eyes is very sensitive! The day cream should have at least SPF 15; this will protect your skin from the sun and prevent premature ageing. Maybe talk to a beauty consultant in Boots or something, they'll usually help you find skincare products suited to your skin.

Break a sweat at least three times a week. Toxins will come out of the sweat and effectively 'detox' your skin. Just remember to wash your face and body after!

The most important beauty hack, however, is just drink plenty of still water. I swear by it.
Wash your make up brushes with baby shampoo, a bit of rubbing alcohol and olive oil

Use a cotton swab dipped in make up remover to shape eyeliner
Reply 12
My beauty 'hack' would have to be the new Original Tansie, it's like a onesie that you put on after you tan to save your sheets/clothes from the dreaded orange/brown weird tan stains!! Plus it's only a fiver from tanguard.co.uk #tantastic
Use sudocrem to get rid of spots overnight
To get a glowing look without any makeup put on a blue suncream

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dab your lipstick on lightly (one coat) to get a "lip tint" of the colour of your lipstick

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest