The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i guess i am in the same position as u
just missed my grade for meng at imperial, they said they wont take me in for meng but material science..just been up there and ask them to release me...but they are really slow..
So..i should be going to Bristol now..but my ucas details have not been updated yet...anyone know when they will update mine???????
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
jellyb07111
i guess i am in the same position as u
just missed my grade for meng at imperial, they said they wont take me in for meng but material science..just been up there and ask them to release me...but they are really slow..
So..i should be going to Bristol now..but my ucas details have not been updated yet...anyone know when they will update mine???????

Yes same here. I am actually looking forward to Bristol now just want to confirm my place :smile:
Reply 3
Theresa Smells
Hey im hopefully going to study history at Bristol after it was my second choice.

Welcome to Bristol - see you in Freshers Week. :wink:
Hi!
I've met the conditions for Bristol after being rejected rom cambridge :frown:... but am now excited about coming! is any one else doing geography?
The only thing I'm worried about isnot getting accomodation! :confused:
Reply 5
Theresa Smells
Yes same here. I am actually looking forward to Bristol now just want to confirm my place :smile:

same here....really want to secure my place... my stupid ucas is still not updated..i guess i will have to ccall them tom.

curlylocks88
The only thing I'm worried about isnot getting accomodation!

i am worry as well... accomodation is quite important :smile:
I phoned them at about 5ish and the guy said that as soon as your ucas is loaded bristol will accept you if you have reached the conditions. He told me that i should get a letter tomorrow morning!!!!
Reply 7
Don't worry about timings - in my day I was waiting in the summer pool at Cambridge for several days until they rang up and said no (as it turns out - thank God!)

After I heard I phoned Bristol up and they said basically "Oh sorry you didn't get your first choice; we'll send your stuff (registration, fees, info, halls, etc) through soon ... you should get into a hall for sure - don't worry".

Only disadvantage is that you won't have a realistic shot at an oversubscribed hall such as Wills or Goldney (which I was a bit upset at). Don't worry - all the halls have their advantages and disadvantages (all are better than imperial halls, which are ****, btw) and like anything you'll probably love it.
Steveee
Don't worry about timings - in my day I was waiting in the summer pool at Cambridge for several days until they rang up and said no (as it turns out - thank God!)

After I heard I phoned Bristol up and they said basically "Oh sorry you didn't get your first choice; we'll send your stuff (registration, fees, info, halls, etc) through soon ... you should get into a hall for sure - don't worry".

Only disadvantage is that you won't have a realistic shot at an oversubscribed hall such as Wills or Goldney (which I was a bit upset at). Don't worry - all the halls have their advantages and disadvantages (all are better than imperial halls, which are ****, btw) and like anything you'll probably love it.

Thanks so accomdation is pretty much guarenteed?
Reply 9
Yeah - the chances of them filling every room in every accommodation block of every hall plus the houses are pretty small... negligible.
hey...have u guys receive anything.. i havent receive a thing yet...
and have u guys been released/rejected from ur firm uni yet?
Well it's been 29hrs since i last spoke to imperial
and my ucas stuff still hasnt been updated...
do anyone know how long it will take them to release you????
jellyb07111
hey...have u guys receive anything.. i havent receive a thing yet...
and have u guys been released/rejected from ur firm uni yet?
Well it's been 29hrs since i last spoke to imperial
and my ucas stuff still hasnt been updated...
do anyone know how long it will take them to release you????

Hiya

I was getting a bit panicky about my track not being updated but i've just checked and it has now. I'm sure yours will tomorrow, don't worry.
I haven't received anything from Bristol just a rejection letter from Cam this morning.
I'm a bit worried because i'm going on holiday on sunday and i'm not sure if i need to fill in forms and accomodation stuff.....
Does anyone know if i can do this on line?? If it doesn't come in the post tomorrow then i'm not going to get it before i go away.. any advice anyone!!?????
Reply 12
How long are you on holiday for? I was on holiday and immediately went to the Reading festival before I got back to send off my accommodation stuff last year so you have got quite a while. There was no problem with mine.
7th sep
Reply 14
Hey curly...I'm going to be doing Geography!
Reply 15
curlylocks88
7th sep

Hmm - is it possible to have someone check your post while you're away and send off relevant forms? It'd be best as then you can be sure that you get your replies back.

Also - all insurance-takers will be after the date for allocation of student lets - don't worry about it - the university will have space available, just maybe not the one that you wanted. You can change halls once you get here if you really don't like where you're put (though most people end up liking where they are).
hey..curly just check mine..
it has been updated now.. :P

see you guys in fresher week then XD
Reply 17
i hold Bristol as my insurance choice as well. Originally i was going to do law but I missed the grades for my first choice and Bristol rejected me as well. but then I changed my mind in not doing law but social policy and had to write a new personal statement for that. Due to UCAS’ late update, I rang up my first choice and realised they were planning to make me still, despite the fact that I missed the grades by 5 points below (IB diploma) so basically what I did was to ask my firm choice to release me but they were not too happy at all. I was so worried and continued to call them and email them and finally they released me.

Anyway, right now I am going to Bristol this oct for social policy but then I do not know the chances of me getting into chh or manor. The accommodation people told me that chh is basically full by now but I don’t know how about manor. ( I don’t even dare to think for goldney)
Reply 18
also steveee,
say if i really want to change my hall after i arrive at bristol (if i got placed into one of the stoke bishop), do u have any idea of when can i start apply for hall transfer? i know that many will depends on the hall which we plan to move in, and how long is the waiting list, but do know know how long students often have to wait to transfer halls of residence?

thanks
My UCAS track still hasn't been updated... anyone else the same??
Have heard nothing from Bristol !!

Latest

Trending

Trending