The Student Room Group

TSR PhotoSoc (and post your gear thread)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sir Fox
Thanks. Don't offer what I'm looking for though. Samyang lenses for Pentax seem to be hard to get by.

Wex have a decent selection :yy:

http://www.wexphotographic.com/search/default.aspx?q=samyang&cat03=3080
Reply 301
Camerapricebuster.co.uk is your friend when trying to find the best price :smile:

Occasionally it misses out retailers like cameraworld, or doesn't show the best price, but usually it's spot on. Also shows how the prices have changed which is very useful if you are waiting for a price drop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 302
I have quite strong GAS and a refund from HMRC on its way. This is a dangerous combination!
Original post by dhr90
I have quite strong GAS and a refund from HMRC on its way. This is a dangerous combination!

Resist! But if you fail to resist, buy something really awesome :colone:
I was shopping with my mum yesterday and she took me into a camera shop to pick up some prints she'd ordered...so much temptation!!

Off to Geneva for just under a week tomorrow and will hopefully get some great pictures to show. Just the debate of which lens/lenses to take.
Reply 305
I'll try! Trying to talk myself out of a grey market 5DIII.

Original post by greeneyedgirl
I was shopping with my mum yesterday and she took me into a camera shop to pick up some prints she'd ordered...so much temptation!!

Off to Geneva for just under a week tomorrow and will hopefully get some great pictures to show. Just the debate of which lens/lenses to take.

What were you tempted by? Hope you'll share the photos!

How many people do print out their photos still? Just a few or loads? Small prints or large? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dhr90
I'll try! Trying to talk myself out of a grey market 5DIII.

What were you tempted by? Hope you'll share the photos!

How many people do print out their photos still? Just a few or loads? Small prints or large? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So many things, although mainly actually a GoPro because I quite fancy one!

Quite a few I guess...mum was doing it to get copies of old photos to send to family members!
So many things, although mainly actually a GoPro because I quite fancy one!

Quite a few I guess...mum was doing it to get copies of old photos to send to family members!

I really want to get a GoPro to mount to the front of the bike after Sunday's ride, some of the scenery was stunning. I think strapping the 70D to the bike would be a bit imbalanced :ahee:
Ha ha yeah DSLRs aren't great for that kind of thing! I nearly bought a GoPro when I was in Canada for skiing but couldn't afford it! Would love one for rowing etc.
To pack the 28-300mm because it's so good for everything or to accept you don't want to carry that much weight and just go with pancake 24mm because it's light which is nicer for packing and carrying around...
Reply 310
To pack the 28-300mm because it's so good for everything or to accept you don't want to carry that much weight and just go with pancake 24mm because it's light which is nicer for packing and carrying around...

That is a tough call! Can you afford to rent or buy something else? The pancake + 70-200f4 would still be light weight and give great image quality (the IS version is utterly superb), but maybe not light weight for the wallet. I guess the 40mm pancake is probably too close in focal length to be worth taking too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dhr90
That is a tough call! Can you afford to rent or buy something else? The pancake + 70-200f4 would still be light weight and give great image quality (the IS version is utterly superb), but maybe not light weight for the wallet. I guess the 40mm pancake is probably too close in focal length to be worth taking too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'll take my 28-300 just because it covers me for all options. Don't really want to rent lens out there as I'm going to very small French town where bf is for 6 months so not sure there's camera options :tongue:
Reply 312
I think I'll take my 28-300 just because it covers me for all options. Don't really want to rent lens out there as I'm going to very small French town where bf is for 6 months so not sure there's camera options :tongue:

I would probably do that myself really. My travel kit is a 12-24 and 24-105. Longer would be nice, but a 70-200 f2.8 just weighs too much for travel :tongue:
Original post by dhr90
I would probably do that myself really. My travel kit is a 12-24 and 24-105. Longer would be nice, but a 70-200 f2.8 just weighs too much for travel :tongue:

Yeah my 28-300 really weighs a bit too much, but I don't want to miss anything!
Reply 314
Yeah my 28-300 really weighs a bit too much, but I don't want to miss anything!

Got a decent rucksack? Or a kind bf to ask to carry it :wink:
Original post by dhr90
Got a decent rucksack? Or a kind bf to ask to carry it :wink:

When out and about I'll have it on me so just taking my smallest camera bag which literally fits it and a bit of money for the day in :yep:
Am about half way through the family vacation in Namibia now. Internet access in Lodges is usually terribly slow (not that I'd need it anyway), but the one we're currently in - a tented camp in the Etendeka Mountains of Damaraland - happens to have the fastest internet so far, so I'll share a little teaser. More to come in about two weeks.

First one is this morning's sunrise from my tent, the next one is a Burchell's zebra from Etosha NP.

Reply 317
Original post by Sir Fox
Am about half way through the family vacation in Namibia now. Internet access in Lodges is usually terribly slow (not that I'd need it anyway), but the one we're currently in - a tented camp in the Etendeka Mountains of Damaraland - happens to have the fastest internet so far, so I'll share a little teaser. More to come in about two weeks.

First one is this morning's sunrise from my tent, the next one is a Burchell's zebra from Etosha NP.

The colours in that first shot are great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Beautiful. Can't wait to see more!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Less than four weeks until Amsterdam :jive: My friends are going to be really fed up with me taking photos by the end of this trip :ahee:

Original post by Sir Fox

Really love this one :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending