The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Postgraduate accommodation

Hello,

I wondered if there was anybody out there who might be able to recommend postgrad accommodation in Newcastle. I'm coming up to visit soon and am hoping to arrange to see some buildings (Grand Hotel and Bowsden Court definitely at the moment). But does anybody else have any recommendations?

It must be ensuite and NOT have a reputation for being 'lively' or having a 'party scene'.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.:smile:
Hey are you international or British? Because if you are then you can't live in halls XD
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
I'm British and I can live in halls. (please don't read that as sarcasm. Just stating the facts.)
Reply 3
Original post by SuperCat007
I'm British and I can live in halls. (please don't read that as sarcasm. Just stating the facts.)

I can't help you with your question, sorry, but I was wondering why you're allowed to live in the halls as a postgrad UK student (if you don't mind me asking)? I was under the impression that if you are a postgrad from the UK you have to get accommodation through NUstudenthomes/rent privately.
Original post by k3ro
I can't help you with your question, sorry, but I was wondering why you're allowed to live in the halls as a postgrad UK student (if you don't mind me asking)? I was under the impression that if you are a postgrad from the UK you have to get accommodation through NUstudenthomes/rent privately.

Hi, it's complicated basically. But I have been told by accommodation that I can apply for their postgrad halls, I'm not guaranteed to get a place in them but I can apply. I would imagine I am one of a very small population of people to whom this applies.
Hey SuperCat, so what did you decide on finally?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending