The Student Room Group

Girls be like "I have a Vuitton handbag but I buy my clothes from H&M/Forever 21"

You know what I mean. As a guy, I don't get it

I mean, I'm keen on designer shoes, but I make sure that my clothes & accessories are on a similar level too. After all, I don't want to look like someone who has mixed priorities. Like, wouldn't it be weird if you saw a guy with Louboutin shoes & Topman clothing?

So why do girls do this? Any thoughts?
I guess handbags tend to stay in use for longer than the rest of a girl's outfit stays in fashion? I dunno, I don't pay attention to labels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Most Competitive
You know what I mean. As a guy, I don't get it
I mean, I'm keen on designer shoes, but I make sure that my clothes & accessories are on a similar level too. After all, I don't want to look like someone who has mixed priorities. Like, wouldn't it be weird if you saw a guy with Louboutin shoes & Topman clothing?
So why do girls do this? Any thoughts?

Hahaha I totally feel you. I've seen many people at uni/on the streets with flash designer handbags and you can practically feel the pride emanating from them as they carry it in the crook of their arm. However, when you evaluate the rest of them their clothes are just not.on.point!

It just goes to show that people tend to buy designer items to show off. I am a lover of Balenciaga and Proenza Schouler handbags and Tory Burch shoes, they to me are must have accessories. Now, I can't afford to dress myself head to toe in their apparel but I always ensure that my outfit is on par with my designer accessories. I guess it just comes down to who really likes fashion and who just buys things for show.
Reply 3
I don't see why it matters?

People might wanna treat themselves to something designer but can't afford to always buy designer clothes to match.

Quick Reply

Latest