The Student Room Group

My Training Contract - anyone used them?

Hey,

Has anyone used My Training Contract (see here) for interview prep / help with applications? Any good?

Thanks,
S. xx
Original post by Sharon00
Hey,

Has anyone used My Training Contract (see here) for interview prep / help with applications? Any good?

Thanks,
S. xx

Smart business idea but don't waste your time on it. Looking at the Facebook page, the 1,885 likes look to be fake, use the advice on here and past threads or try find someone who has completed the process to check over your application.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi there,

Just spotted your discussion via a Google alert. I'm Natalie, the owner of My Training Contract. I'm a UK-qualified solicitor who trained and worked at City firms before turning to My Training Contract full-time - along with a few helpers I review application forms and CVs, and help applicants with mock interviews.

I promise that our (now 1,915!) Facebook likes aren't fake! I promote the site using Facebook and link to my blog posts as I write them, so we've gained those followers over the course of the last year or so, legitimately.

If you have any questions about the site / what I do, please ask - I'll check back in here as needed.

Thanks again for your interest, kind regards,
Nat
Reply 4
Hey,

Just to follow up - I ended up ordering a cover letter from this company to test the service, as it's the cheapest product at around £10. They did a great job and completely rewrote/improved my drafting. Then sent them one of my applications for this round and again they did a great job just really going line by line through the application and improving it and making it relevant to the firm. So its legit and worth the money :smile: would recommend.

Xx
Original post by Sharon00
Hey,

Thanks,
S. xx

Just wanted to say that I was looking into using this service. I asked them a few questions about their services, they did not provide me with any information and replied borderline rudely just because I said I was an international student looking for a TC. Do not waste your time - just have a friend or someone who went through the process to look at your applications! I am happy I did not waste my money on them before trying to talk to them first. The way they replied was extremely unprofessional.
Reply 6
Original post by az12345678910
Just wanted to say that I was looking into using this service. I asked them a few questions about their services, they did not provide me with any information and replied borderline rudely just because I said I was an international student looking for a TC. Do not waste your time - just have a friend or someone who went through the process to look at your applications! I am happy I did not waste my money on them before trying to talk to them first. The way they replied was extremely unprofessional.

From your timing and comments I was able to trace your email to us, and our reply this evening. I replied quite matter of factly to you because you asked us to write your training contract applications for you, which is really not what we do - beyond any ethical considerations (which shouldn't be too far from your mind, as a would-be lawyer), this would see you come badly unstuck at interview. For obvious reasons, this is equally applicable to UK and international candidates. All the best with your applications.
Original post by MyTC
From your timing and comments I was able to trace your email to us, and our reply this evening. I replied quite matter of factly to you because you asked us to write your training contract applications for you, which is really not what we do - beyond any ethical considerations (which shouldn't be too far from your mind, as a would-be lawyer), this would see you come badly unstuck at interview. For obvious reasons, this is equally applicable to UK and international candidates. All the best with your applications.

I am not sure what messages you “traced” and how confidential you keep your correspondences. If you are indeed referring to my query then this is a complete misrepresentation of what I requested.

I sent a very polite message asking whether you could HELP me to fill in some applications based on the answers I already wrote and the information I will provide (I.e check the answers that I previously wrote with some additional information I will add). I explained that I will be applying to some of the firms that I have already applied to (and since I was not successful I would naturally like someone to look at my previous applications and help me to improve them or advise me on how to improve). I asked for HELP and advice. I never asked for anyone to WRITE anything for me!

It’s a shame that a company that claims to be able to assist with training contract applications is unable to handle something as simple as a query, asking for help. The condescending tone of your initial reply and false public accusations of my conduct above are completely out of line!

I understand that I sent a long query, explaining my situation and asking for some advice. It may have been confusing or too long. The professional thing to do in this case would be to politely double check if you correctly understood what I meant, before implying anything or making any accusations. I was hoping for help and support with the process that I have already been through. Instead, you put words in my mouth and humiliated me. I can only assume that your misrepresentation came from the fact that I mentioned that I am an international student and you decided that I need someone to actually write the applications for me. This was definitely not the case.
All the best with your business.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending