The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2560
Original post by Samwise49
Has anyone here heard anything from Linenhall Chambers about interviews? They said they will notify by 3rd July?
Posted from TSR Mobile

When/where did they say they would notify by that date?

EDIT: Never mind - just seen it was on the Gateway advert!
Original post by greengoblin19
Yeah got the exact same message. Do you think there is any chance anyone did not get this?

Interestingly there interview offer email says they are seeing as many people as possible with v short (less than 10 min) slots - so how many apps must they have had?!!
Anyone heard from Goldsmith post first round?

EDIT Second rounds just out via personalised email.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lawpupil
I did get an interview. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't - frankly I was surprised by the invite.

Tbh I wasn't overly surprised, but just got to figure out what I can do to improve for next year :/
Got exactly the same 42BR message.

Hell, they're trying to soften the blow, folks - don't overthink it! That way lies madness... Best of luck with any applications still pending!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Xanyi: I called them, apparently the person who deals with the pupillage application is out. Expecting a call back and hopefully an update.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone heard anything from Five Paper post first round?
39ES second round out
Original post by ChristopherDean
39ES second round out

Arrgghhhhhhh

Well done
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear from 4KBW or Arden Chambers?
Presume everybody got the same email from Albion Chambers saying sift postponed?
Did anyone here get called forward for the 2TG assessment day from the reserve list?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pupiltobe23
42BR rejection via gateway email.

"We are only able to interview a small proportion of applicants about 5% and, while there was nothing wrong with your application, in our opinion you did not fall into the 5% or so who best satisfied our criteria."

I'm presuming they sent this to everyone they rejected. If so, how can they tell everyone that there was nothing wrong with their application? There must have been something wrong with at least one out of the "hundreds of applications" they had?

Oh wow, they don't tell that to those that get interview. After many many rejections, especially from a couple of sets I should have done better on, on paper or interview, that makes me feel somewhat better. Sorry to everyone who didn't get one!
I got the 42BR generic message too.

Just to confirm if I haven't heard from citadel by now it's a silent rejection right?

Has anyone heard from Arden Chambers ?
Original post by Pupillageseeked
I got the 42BR generic message too.
Just to confirm if I haven't heard from citadel by now it's a silent rejection right?
Has anyone heard from Arden Chambers ?

Re Arden - the extended closing date was only on Tuesday, given that some Gateway sets haven't responded 2 months after the deadline I think 3 days is a little optimistic!
Original post by nearlylegal11
Re Arden - the extended closing date was only on Tuesday, given that some Gateway sets haven't responded 2 months after the deadline I think 3 days is a little optimistic!

Oh okay, I didn't realise. I sent it off a while back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2576
I often wonder whether Chambers handing out rejections ought to tell you your ranking. It seems like a lot of people apply to very top sets (Doughty Street, Garden Court) without a realistic understanding of just how elite they are - seeing that they were 300/600 would probably encourage them to look elsewhere. It would also be useful information for those making several rounds of applications - allowing them to tailor their applications better for the following year. But then of course Chambers would get hundreds of even more identical applications and find it harder still to sift.

No more to hear from for me - at least for first round. Now the fun begins!
Reply 2577
What did people think of outer temple? Feel free to PM.
Reply 2578
Does anyone know if we'll find out about 6kbw post 2nd round in line with the gateway timetable or not? I didn't have the opportunity to ask at interview
Reply 2579
Any news on 11kbw?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending