The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Institute of Education 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laydeem1
Hi

Did you have to have an interview for BA Psychology with Education.i've applied to the course through extra and just waiting to hear on their reply.I really do hope that they accept me.Also what were your predicted grades ?

Hey! I actually didn't have an interview and the two Professors had actually already stated that there wouldn't be an interview (don't know why?) but beforr they could process my application, due to the fact that I'm doing Childcare in opposed to Alevels, i was asked to send them an email further explaining my course. That's all it was to be honest. I won't be having be having examinations, instead it's all coursework based so i have to attain 300 tarrif points within 3x 5k essays i have to write (and I'm an absolute perfectionist so I'm unable to write anything coherent and having a mental break down thinking about it....but I'll be fine :/)
Hope that wasn't too confusing, and what about you, what are yoir predicted grades?? Is UCL your firm??
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by NutellaLatte
Hey! I actually didn't have an interview and the two Professors had actually already stated that there wouldn't be an interview (don't know why?) but beforr they could process my application, due to the fact that I'm doing Childcare in opposed to Alevels, i was asked to send them an email further explaining my course. That's all it was to be honest. I won't be having be having examinations, instead it's all coursework based so i have to attain 300 tarrif points within 3x 5k essays i have to write (and I'm an absolute perfectionist so I'm unable to write anything coherent and having a mental break down thinking about it....but I'll be fine :/)
Hope that wasn't too confusing, and what about you, what are yoir predicted grades?? Is UCL your firm??

Just received an unconditional offer for Psychology with Education so I will see you there :smile:
I have an offer to IOE for a secondary PGCE in Computing. I made a group on facebook for anyone who will be at IOE in 2015 named UCL IOE Secondary PGCE 2015/2016 so we can share any pre-enrollment info :smile:.
Reply 23
I've received an unconditional offer for PGCE Economics. :smile:

ibtisamyhm, I can't seem to find the group you've made...
Hoping to apply for MA Education at IoE next month... currently finishing off final year undergraduate degree. Does anyone know if it's a competitive degree to get into? Also, the reference section on the application gives the option of copying and pasting the reference. How do they know who wrote it, if it's a copy and paste job?
Original post by ZeeJays

PGCE in Economics here too :wink:
Reply 26
:smile: Hey abel.suisse! By any chance, are you in Switzerland? I think Jacek spoke about you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ZeeJays
:smile: Hey abel.suisse! By any chance, are you in Switzerland? I think Jacek spoke about you.

That must be me yes :smile: I only applied to the IoE, and that decision was highly motivated by the few email exchanges I had had with him; he genuinely seemed a nice person, and that got confirmed when I met him, as do the rest of people working in the department. I'm very excited to start the PGCE!

I am also looking forward meeting you and our other fellow students! Do you have a place to stay already?
Reply 28
Original post by abel.suisse
That must be me yes :smile: I only applied to the IoE, and that decision was highly motivated by the few email exchanges I had had with him; he genuinely seemed a nice person, and that got confirmed when I met him, as do the rest of people working in the department. I'm very excited to start the PGCE!

I am also looking forward meeting you and our other fellow students! Do you have a place to stay already?

The plan at the moment is to stay with a friend in Beckenham but as ever plans change - at the end of the day I'm only 50 mins from London as it is. Have you got moving all organised?
Original post by ZeeJays

Hi ZeeJays,

I named it exactly as I said above it should have popped up. Not sure why it didn't :/. Did you try looking for it directly via the search bar on FB and pressing on the groups selection?
Reply 30
Original post by ibtisamyhm
Hi ZeeJays,

I named it exactly as I said above it should have popped up. Not sure why it didn't :/. Did you try looking for it directly via the search bar on FB and pressing on the groups selection?

Yes :frown: and I've tried different combos of part of the name. No luck.

:'(
Original post by 08hasraf
Hey,

I received a conditional offer from IOE for BA Education Studies on the 16th of January, but I applied in September so they took awhile to respond. (I wasn't even expecting a response let alone an offer, still buzzing lol).

Let me know if you get an offer! All the best!

Heyyyy! Sorry for such a late reply! Just got an unconditional offer! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZeeJays
The plan at the moment is to stay with a friend in Beckenham but as ever plans change - at the end of the day I'm only 50 mins from London as it is. Have you got moving all organised?

Almost! I'm moving into a student house in Bethnal Green. For some weeks I tried to find a room in a shared apartment but the task was harder than I had expected, so I gave up. It will be easier next year since I will already be living in the city. I thought that London, being such a big city, had much more available and affordable accommodation :/
Original post by ThydaB
Anyone else applied for IoE? would be good to exchange experiences including how long it took to get an offer or follow up!

i applied, did you get an offer?
Original post by itsamberariamay
Applied for BA Education Studies, but still haven't received a reply yet. Do you know how long they normally take? :smile:

me too! did you get an offer?
Original post by maliha97
me too! did you get an offer?

YES! :smile: See you in September!
Reply 36
Original post by maliha97
i applied, did you get an offer?

I did - but didn't get a good impression when dealing with them so declined the offer. I felt they were just being rude and not at all friendly and I want to spend the next three years of my life feeling like a welcomed person - not an annoyance to staff.

How was your experience?
Original post by ThydaB
I did - but didn't get a good impression when dealing with them so declined the offer. I felt they were just being rude and not at all friendly and I want to spend the next three years of my life feeling like a welcomed person - not an annoyance to staff.

How was your experience?

yep got the grades too, so starting there in sept! and oh sorry to hear that, so where uou going now?
Why isn't Institute of Education on the student finance list?
It is but you have to apply to UCL since they merged this summer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending