The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

How long is the induction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGemini
How long is the induction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

9am to 5pm with Breaks
So I recently got offered a position & I will be working Monday ,Friday & Sunday from 6:00 to 9:45 (it's a 24 hr superstore) .Ive been checking the bus timetables and on Sunday the earliest bus service where I live is at 5:46 and it takes a good 20 minutes to get there .
I was wondering what I can do about this :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I recently got offered a position & I will be working Monday ,Friday & Sunday from 6:00 to 9:45 (it's a 24 hr superstore) .Ive been checking the bus timetables and on Sunday the earliest bus service where I live is at 5:46 and it takes a good 20 minutes to get there .
I was wondering what I can do about this :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just explain to them, they should understand as it's only one day of the week. Btw is the store you'll be working at Sheffield Savil street?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MissFiifi
Just explain to them, they should understand as it's only one day of the week. Btw is the store you'll be working at Sheffield Savil street?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! How could you tell haha!
There were sooo many posts there.Close to 20 :O.Do you work there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow! How could you tell haha!
There were sooo many posts there.Close to 20 :O.Do you work there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha No I don't work there, I applied for the same role as you and had an interview last week. Just waiting to hear back and I had the same worry for sundays aswell :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MissFiifi
Haha No I don't work there, I applied for the same role as you and had an interview last week. Just waiting to hear back and I had the same worry for sundays aswell :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh great!Good luck:smile: Let me know how it goes!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
How long do tesco get back to you? It is true they reject applicants they don't like a couple days after applying? And take longer for those who they want?
What are the interviews like at Tesco? I have one next week and was just wondering.

What should I wear?

Original post by katrina89
I have 8/10 and took 8 is fine.Only thing that I am tall so offered trousers 10long and they are just fine.
(edited 8 years ago)
Guys how long did tesco take to get back to you?
Honestly wouldn't recommend working at Tesco. Terrible company to work for, three more weeks and i'm out of here.
Original post by Ronhaar
What are the interviews like at Tesco? I have one next week and was just wondering.

What should I wear?

Just smart trousers and white shirt like any other interview
Its been a whole month and I've had no reply, the website just says that it's 'in process'. Should I give up/Did I do something wrong?
I'm in a similar situation, I applied on the 24th of June and the deadline was on the 30th of June, however yesterday the closing date extended to the 8th of July..
Hi everyone I need help basically I've got an interview on Tuesday for customer assistant - reception for tesco

1. Does that mean I'll be working at the tills or not?
2. What would be the hourly wage as I'm still 17
3. What are the one on one interview lie so what questions do they ask
4. Do they pay weekly or monthly
5. My shift would be Monday to Friday 15:30 - 22:30 will I be expected to do overtime?

I really need help as I've very nervous for this interview and don't want to get rejected

Thanks
What branch? Goodluck
It's the Leeds seacroft branch
Original post by Timoghada
What branch? Goodluck
If you don't mind me asking, how long did they take to get back to you?
Reply 1518
Original post by SimonJunior
Hi everyone I need help basically I've got an interview on Tuesday for customer assistant - reception for tesco

1. Does that mean I'll be working at the tills or not?
2. What would be the hourly wage as I'm still 17
3. What are the one on one interview lie so what questions do they ask
4. Do they pay weekly or monthly
5. My shift would be Monday to Friday 15:30 - 22:30 will I be expected to do overtime?

I really need help as I've very nervous for this interview and don't want to get rejected

Thanks

1. Yes pretty much
2. wage for adults is same as U18 (7.39 an hour for my branch )
3. they ask you when your holidays are and stuff it's not personal questions at all
4. Monthly (1st Friday of every month I think)
5. not sure, my core hours are only 9 hours a week, but they went on to say when I started that they also expect me to at least do 3 and a half hours extra work a week outside of my core hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChaosPunishment
Its been a whole month and I've had no reply, the website just says that it's 'in process'. Should I give up/Did I do something wrong?

Original post by Timoghada
I'm in a similar situation, I applied on the 24th of June and the deadline was on the 30th of June, however yesterday the closing date extended to the 8th of July..

It took them about 3 weeks to respond to mine. They phoned me asking if I could go in for an interview.

Response time is different for each store I think. If they don't get back to you within 3-4 weeks then it most likely means that you won't get the job for whatever reason. I've still got applications 'in process' from the start of the year and still haven't heard from them.

Quick Reply